Spearhead Plumbing & Heating, operating in Whistler, Squamish and Pemberton, is hiring Gas Fitters! Offering a variety of shifts to allow for time to play plus up to $60/hour depending on experience, overtime opportunities, year-round employment, benefits program and other incentives PLUS staff housing to those who need it.
Ideal for either apprentice or journeyman candidates with experience in service work specifically as the company specializes in commercial and residential repairs and maintenance.
Out of Town candidates welcome to apply!
Staff Accommodation is available.
About the Role, Benefits & Perks:
- Full-time (long-term) and seasonal positions with opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Competitive wage package ranging from $40-$60/hour PLUS bonuses and incentives (to be discussed and negotiated based on applicants training and experience).
- Fully stocked truck, tools and phone provided.
- Company cell phone provided.
- Extended health and group insurance plan available.
- Areas of work include Whistler, Pemberton and Squamish; you can be based in any one of these communities.
- Able to hire skilled foreign workers and support permanent residency applications.
- Short-term accommodation available – free of charge. Long-term housing options as well.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Certified with Level A or B ticket and senior level experience.
- Experience with a wide variety of gas work including residential and commercial repairs, service, and installations.
- Key areas of (commercial and residential) skill required:
- Gas Lines
- Commercial Equipment and Appliances
- Friendly, outgoing customer service focused professional who is self-motivated, organized, and reliable.
- Great attention to detail with a desire to perform high quality workmanship.
- Ability to problem solve and diagnose issues quickly and accurately.
- Articulate with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable with both computer and mobile phone as dispatching and all documentation regarding work orders is app based.
- Able to operate independently, offer suggestions and work without direct supervision.
- Team oriented and safety conscious and able to pitch in where needed.
- Drivers license with clean driving record and experience driving larger vehicles.
- Basic small tools (larger tools, cell phone and vehicle will be supplied as well as hand tools for working holiday applicants).
- Attend service calls as dispatched.
- Clear communication of job details to customers and Dispatch, answering phone calls from customers when required.
- Maintaining clear written records using the dispatching application.
- Managing commercial and residential renovation projects when required.
- Estimating jobs and ordering materials and supplies.
Come Live, Work and Play in Whistler with us!
Applying is Easy!
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Create a Profile and upload your resume here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/apply
- OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.whistler-jobs.com/simple_app
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate including if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation and your planned arrival date. Click here for some resources.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.