Website whistler_jobs Whistler Personnel*
- Committed to excellence.
Seeking an experienced and committed construction Project Manager who specializes in custom, fine home building, substantial renovations and commercial construction. The ideal match for this role is a construction industry professional able to provide leadership, technical expertise and direction to all aspects of a project life cycle, ensuring each project meets accountability and quality expectations.
About the Role, Benefits & Perks:
- Full time, year round
- Wage to be negotiated based on experience
- Extended Health Benefits
- Work location is from main office or project sites, depending on project requirements
- Safe and efficient work environment with emphasis on open communication where teamwork and celebrating success are foundational traits.
- A team committed to superior craftsmanship, exceptional client service and a collaborative work culture
- Equal opportunity employer who supports women in trades.
- Company has been registered to hire temporary foreign workers for employment in British Columbia.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Degree/Diploma in Construction or Engineering program OR a minimum of 5 years related experience or a combination of education, training and hands on experience
- Prior experience managing residential and commercial projects
- Experience in overall project execution with the ability to understand and interpret a variety of documentation including contracts, blueprints and project specifications
- Superior communication skills in both written and verbal (English)
- Effective and efficient conflict resolution skills
- Experience with project management software such as Microsoft Office, Procore, Corecon
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanour with an emphasis on client relationships and team leadership
- Committed to quality, client care, teamwork and safety
- Provide leadership, technical expertise and direction to all aspects of project life cycle
- Ensure projects meet all expectations including quality, deadlines and budgets
- Meet with clients for project consultations and ongoing as needed
- Prepare project plans, budgets, schedules, contracts and agreements
- Work in collaboration with Owner, Finance Manager, Operations Manager and Site Supervisors to ensure goals and expectations are met
- Maintain professional conduct with clients, inspectors, subcontractors and all other professionals to solidify companies commitment to excellence
- Work alongside Site Supervisors to delegate project tasks, recognize performance issues and provide feedback for employee performance reviews
- Inspection of project site, as required
- Identify and respond to safety issues to ensure the safety of all workers. Adhering to Health and Safety standards
Come Live, Work and Play in Whistler with us!
Applying is Easy:
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Create a Profile and upload your resume here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/apply
- OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.whistler-jobs.com/simple_app
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate including if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation and your planned arrival date. Click here for some resources.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.