Whistler Personnel is still growing quickly and is on the hunt for a fabulous new addition to our core team. We are looking for someone who can assist with recruiting, interviewing, scheduling and coordinating our Temp Employees and Events. This role is ideal for someone who enjoys a variety of HR, events, marketing and administrative tasks and likes the idea of a flexible schedule including opportunities to work from home.
We have big dreams for the future and are looking for someone as passionate and committed as we are to making them come true.
About the Role:
- Flexible part-time – 3 days a week ideally including weekends.
- The role and the successful candidate will grow alongside Whistler Personnel (more hours, increasing responsibilities).
- Ongoing training and coaching will be provided.
- Flexible schedule that can work around other commitments.
- Opportunity to work from home or at our office (or a little bit of both!)
- Additional work as a temp for WPS clients will be available often (as much as you can handle).
- Competitive wage starting in the range of $19 – $20/hour for a coordinator with potential for growth.
- Expense allowance for use of phone and laptop.
- Lifestyle bonus towards ski or sports pass of your choice upon completion of 6 months.
- Opportunities for bonuses, profit sharing and advancement.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Excellent communication and people skills (hint: this is the most important qualification!)
- At least 3 years in an admin, marketing or human resources role.
- People management skills and experience are essential.
- Prior supervisory experience in hotels, restaurants or construction an asset.
- Experience coordinating teams and events is very beneficial.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit and lots of good ideas.
- Knows how to focus on task and be efficient – especially when things get busy (as they tend to be!)
- Demonstrated social media, networking and marketing talents are an asset.
- Comfortable with making ‘cold calls’ and picking up the phone to talk to people (candidates, employers, references etc)
- Experienced with Google Docs, MS Office and comfortable learning new software programs (computer savvy).
- Has own computer with MS Office, cell phone and comfortable home work space.
- Very detailed oriented and grammatically correct in written correspondence (can catch our spelling mistakes for us!)
- Enjoys working independently, a good prioritizer and self-starter
- Assisting with the screening, hiring and scheduling for permanent career positions and our temporary workers for weekly jobs and big events.
- Working with our clients to find a perfect candidates to match their business needs.
- Recruiting, screening, interviewing, skill testing and evaluating candidates.
- Posting creative, eye-catching job postings to social media and countless job boards.
- Creative social media marketing for some of our clients.
- Client and candidate communications (lots of emails and phone calls!)
- Lots of administrative duties including database updates, client newsletters and job alerts.
- Contributing ideas and recommending process improvements to make the business more effective and efficient for our clients and candidates.
- Please send us your information via the our online application using the Apply for job link below (you only need to do this once).
- Take a little extra time to send us a cover email to email@example.com that highlights your job-specific qualifications and tells us why you think you would be successful in this role (and don’t forget the attention to detail thing).
- And be sure to tune into www.facebook.com/whistlerpersonnelsolutions/ for updates and to see what we are up to.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.