We have an exciting opportunity for a Roofing Estimator with Health & Safety experience to join a well established roofing company who designs, manufactures and installs commercial and residential roofing solutions in North America’s number 1 ski resort, Whistler! They are seeking an experienced construction professional to join their team and enjoy an active lifestyle in this spectacular, year round mountain town. This company offers competitive wages and year-round, stable employment. Out of town applicants are most welcome to apply and assistance with finding local housing is available.
About the Role:
- Full time, long term career position.
- Regular schedule of Mon – Fri, 8:00 – 4:30 plus option of overtime if desired.
- Salary $60,000 – $80,000 , based on experience.
- Paid vacation and overtime pay.
- Extended health and dental benefits.
- Cell phone provided and access to a company vehicle.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position estimating in construction is preferred.
- Previous experience as a Health & Safety Officer in construction.
- Previous experience in the roofing industry is considered an asset.
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Planswift software is an asset.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD software is an asset.
- Ability to read architectural and engineering drawings.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organized with the ability to manage priorities to meet deadlines.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- A valid driver’s license and First aid certificate will be required.
- Required to hold or switch to a valid BC drivers license.
- Review plans and drawings, interpreting the construction methods and materials required to build quotes for clients.
- Conduct site visits to verify specifics and measurements.
- Complete material take-offs, estimating costs of materials and labour using Plan Swift.
- Create project schedules and coordinate product deliveries and installations.
- Source materials and subcontracts, acquiring formal price quotes from vendors for non-standard items.
- Communicate frequently with clients, suppliers, architects, sub-trades and team mates.
- Coordinate orders, shipping and receiving of materials.
- Preparing bid packages, purchase orders and scopes of work.
- H&S Officer duties include, maintaining CORE compliance and reporting to WorkSafe BC on a regular basis.
- Maintain good working relationship with the team, subcontractors and regulatory authorities.
- Other duties as required.
How To Apply:
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): https://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
- Or if you’d prefer to email your resume to us, you can send it c/o email@example.com.
If you would like an update on your application or would like to setup at time to chat, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.