Assist with the building of affordable housing in Whistler.
A rare opportunity to assist with the building of affordable housing in Whistler. Position is year-round, full-time and offers both training and career advancement opportunities. Ideal for someone looking for an excellent wage, consistent schedule with holidays off and year-round security.
About the Role, Perks and Benefits:
- Working on two very busy sites building affordable employee housing in Whistler.
- Long term, year-round project that will span the next 2-3 years at least.
- Potential for training and career advancement.
- Regular hours are Mon-Fri, 8-4:30pm excluding holidays and weekends – which means enjoy Christmas off.
- Pay is reflective of experience between $20-$30/hr plus 2 weeks paid vacation to start with room for growth.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Happy to perform a variety of construction and carpentry tasks.
- Experience on a construction site is very beneficial.
- Able to be proactive and independent.
- Possesses basic carpentry skills eg. building handrails and handling power tools.
- Experience operating bobcat and heavy equipment is beneficial.
- Training and tools will be provided.
- Assisting with the completion of one framed building plus a new building which is at the foundation stage.
- Moving of materials and general site cleanup.
- Receiving and distributing deliveries.
- General carpentry and construction duties.
How to Apply:
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Create a Profile and upload your resume here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/apply
- OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.whistler-jobs.com/simple_app
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate and if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation. Click here for some resources to get you started: Whistler Advice and Helpful Links
We are your partners through the next step in your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.