We are recruiting for a general all around carpenter and an experienced labourer to join a local construction company specializing in the building and renovation of high-end residential homes for the summer and potentially long term. Ideally suited to a Journeyman / Journeywoman, however we would also love to hear from carpenters / apprentices with a minimum of two years of experience.
About the Role, Perks and Benefits:
- Seasonal, through the summer with long-term potential.
- Full time hours, Mon – Fri, with some schedule flexibility.
- Wages are based on experience, in the range of $25-$40/h.
- Subcontractor applicants are also welcome to apply.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Preferred journeyman / Journeywoman.
- Open to apprentice applicants with experience.
- Must have framing and forming experience.
- Be able to read and interpret plans.
- Must have own hand tools, steel toed boots & personal protection equipment.
- Well rounded experience in residential construction is an asset.
- Be able to complete tasks in a time frame expected of an experienced trades person.
- Own vehicle required to get to various job sites.
Carpenter Duties include:
- Build floors and wall frameworks and roof structures.
- Install windows, sashes and doors.
- Finish carpentry.
- Read plans and specifications to determine the materials required, dimensions and installation processes.
- Set out building outlines on the ground of the site, using string and pegs to allow for excavations.
- Construct form work into which concrete is poured.
- Erect temporary structures to facilitate construction of buildings.
Labourer and Carpentry Duties also include:
- Assist with general carpentry and construction tasks on job sites.
- Cut materials with hand and power tools, and assemble or nail, cut and shape parts.
- Be neat in appearance and workmanship.
- Be knowledgeable and able to implement safety procedures according to company and WorkSafe BC guidelines.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe worksite.
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): https://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.whistler-jobs.com/simple_app
- Or if you’d prefer to email your resume to us, you can send it to us here: email@example.com.
If you would like an update on your application or would like to setup at time to chat, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.