Website Whistler Personnel
- opportunity for career advancement
This busy and exciting event company is looking for a Warehouse Assistant/Installer to join their team! This position is ideal for someone hard-working, motivated, hands-on and is looking to take on a supervisory position down the road. Enjoy an exciting year-round position working with some of the largest festivals and events in the Sea to Sky corridor. Perks include a competitive wage in the range of $22 to $24 per hour, extended health and dental benefits, flexible schedule and room for advancement.
About the Role:
- Can lead into a supervisor/management for a motivated candidate looking for career advancement.
- Up to or more than 40 hours per week (hours increase over the Summer months); some flexibility around scheduling based on candidate preferences (ie: set schedule with weekends off).
- Typically, daytime and weekday hours but require flexibility if an event runs into the evenings/weekends.
- $22 per hour to start increasing to $24 per hour when more responsibilities are added to the position at a supervisor level.
- Extended health and dental benefits after 3 months.
- Tickets to various events/shows in the Sea to Sky Corridor.
- Pemberton-based office working with a fun crew that plays just as hard as they work!
The Perfect Candidate:
- Some experience in warehouse environment is an asset but not required; willing to train the right candidate.
- Motivated and hard-working who wants to work into a leadership position.
- Excellent communication skills, people-oriented.
- Computer savvy with knowledge of Microsoft & Windows.
- Strong leadership abilities; can supervisor/support other team members effectively.
- Procedure development and inventory tracking experience.
- Able to work with a flexible schedule both weekly and seasonally.
- Ability to perform in a physically demand positions ie: lifting 50 – 60 lbs repetitively.
- Prior forklift operation is an asset.
- Valid BC Driver’s License with clean driving abstract.
- Organize the warehouse, optimizing storage space and accessibility.
- Load & Unloading event inventory.
- Manage, track and update inventory in our computer software.
- Ensure correct equipment and inventory is packed for the event.
- Receive shipping from suppliers and to customers, receive items and update inventory in computer software.
- Work with the Logistics Coordinator to prepare loads for projects.
- Adhere to all safety procedures and Health & Safety standards.
- Load-in and out supplies and assist with the setup and take down of furniture, tents and decor a large and small events in the Sea to Sky Corridor.
- May involve use of basic hand and power tools (drills and hammers).
- Follow detailed instructions relating to decor and set up.
- Pitch in where needed to assist set-up and client requests.
- Communicate with team members, supervisors and event coordinators.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): https://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
- If you have created a profile with us already, please email us at email@example.com with your cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this position.
- We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org