- grow your Welding career with a well established company.
An established and busy welding company located in Pemberton is seeking a Steel Fabricator to join their team. Ideally suited for a Red Seal Welder with a minimum 5 years of experience in a production environment. Offering a competitive hourly wage plus benefits and room for advancement within the company.
About the Role:
- Full-time, year-round, permanent position.
- Schedule is Mon-Fri 7am-3:30pm; 40 hours per week.
- Competitive wage up to $40/hr per hours based on experience.
- Option for extended health benefits after probation period.
- Overtime hours required occasionally.
- Located in Pemberton; must have a reliable vehicle for commuting.
- COVID policies and procedures are in place for working within the shop.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Minimum 5 years’ fabricating experience in a production environment.
- Red Seal Preferred.
- Knowledge of standards in structural steel.
- Experience working with machinery including (but not limited): drill presses, cutting torch, rotary hammers, decking guns, forklift, and overhead crane.
- Must be able to read and follow detailed shop drawings.
- Experience in structural steel fabrication is an asset.
- Ability to meet the requirements of productivity, quality, and safety.
- Ability to carry out assignments independently.
- Dependable, reliable and responsible.
- Own basic hand tools related to the position.
- Read, interpret and understand layout and measurements per drawings and revisions as directed.
- Weld and fabricate product, sub-assemblies and components for production.
- Plate work and structural steel work.
- Working with a variety of metals such as steel, stainless steel and aluminum.
- Preparations of steel work, oxy flame-cutting, heat straightening, bending, grinding.
- Accurate planning, measuring, marking out and cutting.
- Comply with Health and Safety program at all times.
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Create a Profile and upload your resume here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/apply
- OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.whistler-jobs.com/simple_app
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate including if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation and your planned arrival date.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com.