This vibrant, rapidly growing firm of professional accountants is on the hunt for an experienced Senior Accountant to join their team. Offering excellent scheduling flexibility with some remote work plus a competitive wage and extended health benefits. Ideally suited for a CPA with at least 3-5 years of experience in public practice in a progressively senior position.
About the Role, Benefits & Perks:
- Part-time or Full-time depending on candidates preference.
- Flexible hours so you can manage your ideal schedule.
- A combination of working from home and at one of their 2 office locations either in Squamish or West Vancouver.
- Competitive wage in the range of $45.00 to $50.00 per hour depending on experience.
- Extended health benefits after 3-months.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Friendly, positive and collaborative.
- Thorough to expert knowledge in ASPE, and exposure to IFRS.
- Thorough knowledge in Canadian Tax. US or non-resident Tax knowledge would be an asset.
- Sound foundation of preparing Canadian personal and corporate income tax returns.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting systems, Caseware, Taxprep, Profile and Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Simply Accounting, QuickBooks, and QuickBooks Online would be an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Creative problem-solving abilities.
- Strong engagement management skills.
- Dedication in ongoing professional development and self-advancement.
- Ability to deliver in deadline and customer focused environment.
- Preparation of review and compilation engagements including financial statements and corporate tax returns.
- Preparation and review of personal tax returns.
- Training and assisting lower-level staff as needed.
- Assisting with complex or special work as needed.
- Managing client relations, including responding to questions, assisting clients with various issues.
- Researching various corporate and personal tax, GST/HST, PST, WorkSafe and other related matters as required.
How To Apply:
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Create a Profile and upload your resume here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/apply
- OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.whistler-jobs.com/simple_app
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate including if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation and your planned arrival date.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.