Website Whistler Personnel
Starting at $20 per hour for the right candidate, year-round & long-term.
Looking for Sales Associates to join a fun, tight-knit team at a retailer located in Function Junction. Ideally suited for someone with exceptional customer service skills who is a self-starter and takes initiative and wants to work in a supportive and team focused environment. Excellent growth and learning potential, staff purchasing program and competitive wage are just some of the perks for this opportunity!
About the Role, Benefits & Perks:
- Full-time with excellent growth and learning potential.
- Steady year-round employment that is not Covid19 impacted.
- Starting wage in the range of $20 per hour for the right candidate.
- Excellent opportunity for high school students to get their foot in the door to the work world!
- Supportive and team focused environment.
- Slower paced position where you can really connect with customers.
- Flexible schedule to meet your work/life balance; some weekend availability is required.
- Store hours are 9:00AM to 5:30PM – no late evening work!
- Extended Medical/Dental benefits.
- Staff purchasing program (aka Discounts on cool stuff!)
The Perfect Candidate:
- Previous experience in a retail store is preferred.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills and love working with people.
- Knowledge of hardware products is an asset.
- Strong communicator who is professional and courteous by nature.
- Motivated, self-starter who takes initiative.
- Works well within a team environment
- General understanding of the principles of sales.
- Deliver excellent customer service that ensures ongoing sales and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Work with customers to determine their needs and then recommend the right product to solve the customer’s problem.
- Assist in ensuring that the product presentation area is clean and organized.
- Develop and cultivate strong buying relationships with customers.
- Use company literature and available training resources to stay up to date on product features.
- Opening and closing the store during scheduled shifts.
- Inventory tagging and display of new merchandise.
- Maintaining upkeep and physical appearance of the store.
How To Apply:
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Create a Profile and upload your resume here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/apply
- OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.whistler-jobs.com/simple_app
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate including if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation and your planned arrival date.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.