Website Whistler Personnel
- Serving the locals of Whistler for over 15 years!
Wildwood Café & Catering, who has been serving Whistler locals for over 15 years, is looking for an experienced Line Cook to join their close-knit kitchen team. Offering a flexible work schedule, plus extended health benefits and potential opportunities for growth.
Ideally suited for someone with 2+ years experience as a Line Cook experience plus leadership skills, who is willing to jump in where needed.
- Full-time, year-round with opportunities for growth.
- Flexible schedule working 5 days per week; hours between 6:30am to 2:30pm.
- Wages ranging between $28 to $31 per hour (includes daily tip out) to start depending on experience and leadership skills.
- Extended health benefits after 6-months.
- Potential rental suite for the right out of town candidate.
The Perfect Candidate:
- 2+ years experience in similar position with strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- A Culinary Arts Diploma is an asset. Food Safe Level 1 is required.
- Posses strong verbal communication, interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills and be a team player.
- Responsible, dependable and available to work all shifts including mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, have good time management skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Proven success in cost control, people management, loss prevention and food preparation.
- Openness to help out in all aspects of the kitchen as it’s a small team that pitches in where needed.
- Food preparation and cooking while actively covering the supervision of the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef as required.
- Adhering to all menus and recipes.
- Supervising and assisting in all activities of cooks and dishwashers, training cooks and other kitchen staff.
- Ensuring that food meets the highest quality standards.
- Execution and oversight of the staff meal program.
- Adherence to planning and cost control measures.
- Working with the Head Chef to reduce and report on food and labour costs.
How To Apply:
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Create a Profile and upload your resume here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/apply
- OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.whistler-jobs.com/simple_app
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate including if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation and your planned arrival date.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.