Website Whistler Personnel
- competitive salary plus great perks!
One of Whistler’s favorite casual dining restaurants is searching for a Kitchen Manager to join their team at their busy Marketplace Location. Ideally suited for someone committed to guest and team member satisfaction! Offering plenty of benefits and perks including a monthly rental allowance, discounts on food, and a season’s pass!
- Full-time, year-round and long-term career opportunity.
- Competitive wage based on experience PLUS tips.
- Annual rental allowance, transit allowance, grocery allowance – to be discussed after 90 days of employment.
- Cell phone allowance.
- Annual lifestyle benefit (ie: ski or bike park pass, recreation pass).
- Restaurant discounts and free meal while on shift.
- Learning and Development opportunities including an educational allowance that can be discussed after 90 days of employment.
- Extended health, dental and vision benefits.
- Lots of staff events and team building; a real ‘work family’ environment.
The Perfect Candidate:
- 2 to 3 years of proven experience as a supervisor in back of house operations, preferably in a high-volume food and beverage environment that caters to a hybrid operation: quick counter and table service.
- Post-secondary education in Hospitality/Tourism Management or Culinary highly desirable.
- Food Safe Certificates Required.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Knowledge of food & alcoholic beverages and cost controls.
- Strong organization and planning skills (forecasting, budgeting).
- Proven track record as a hands-on leader with great written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive, team-oriented attitude that is guest service orientated with good attention to detail, organizational skills and multitasking abilities.
- Ability to manage under tight or high pressure deadlines and or fast paced environment.
- Proven ability in managing time is critical, must be able to plan and execute effectively and efficiently.
- Able to remain calm under stressful situations.
- Must be able to independently problem solve and execute solutions to issues as they arise.
- Have a passion for people and guest service.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the schedule activities of the culinary team.
- Ensure culinary team are following proper food preparation standards, as well as portion control standards. Ensures that food and service meet quality control standards.
- Estimate, forecast, and orders food items/ingredients and supplies required for meal preparation. Prepare food order summaries for corporate office.
- Establish work schedules, and procedures. Works with the team to process time off requests, and processes payroll for the back of house team.
- Train staff in job duties, how to create menu items, sanitation and safety. Develop and work with staff on learning new menu items.
- Participate in the selection of team members and conducting trial shifts.
- Onboard new hires and creates an engaging new hire experience.
- Maintain operations by recommending policies and standard operating procedures.
- Meets restaurant financial objectives: participating in the annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Ensures stock levels are maintained and conduct monthly inventory and track usage of wares.
Guest Service & Team Member Satisfaction
- Maintain customer satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings, initiating improvements, building relationships with preferred patrons.
- Foster strong communication relationship between the BOH and FOH Teams.
- Hold daily staff briefings and weekly meetings to effectively communicate policy and procedures.
- Accomplish restaurant human resource objectives by incorporating the 3 R’s and 8 Moments of Power into all training and staff communications.
- Address Team Member concerns in a timely manner.
- Performs 90 day and annual performance reviews.
- Support the Team Member survey process and follow up with comments and concerns.
How To Apply:
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Create a Profile and upload your resume here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/apply
- OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.whistler-jobs.com/simple_app
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate including if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation and your planned arrival date.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.
To apply for this job please visit whistler-jobs.com.