Enjoy luxury amenities and the unparalleled service that only Fairmont can deliver.
One of Whistler’s exclusive resort communities, Fairmont Heritage Place at Nature’s Door, is seeking a friendly and helpful guest services pro to fill the role of Houseperson. In this role, you will personally take care of its guests with an engaging smile and personality and assist them throughout the day. Full-time employment offers amazing perks including a ski pass or wellness allowance, full benefits and a flexible schedule. No prior experience necessary – just a friend and helpful attitude and ability to work hard.
About the Role:
- Year round part time and full time positions available with 20-40 hours per week a mixture of evenings and weekends.
- Flexible scheduling – a combination of daytime and evening shifts to allow for maximum time to play.
- Wage starting in the range of $18.08/hr plus the opportunity to earn gratuities.
- MSP and extended benefits after 3 months of full time work.
- Wellness allowance equal to $1,320 per year which can be used towards a ski pass, discounted Fairmont gym/spa pass or other leisure activities.
- Travel perks to world-class Fairmont properties resorts in Vancouver, Hawaii and around the world.
The Perfect Candidate:
First impressions are everything! Your engaging smile and personality are the essence of a great Houseperson with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. You will be empowered to deliver on our mission of “Turning moments into memories for our guests”.
No prior experience necessary – training will be provided.
Proficient in the English language (verbal & written).
Ability to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment.
Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
Basic handyperson / maintenance skills.
Detail orientated and self motivated.
Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset.
Highly responsible & reliable.
Physically able to perform all aspects of the position including frequent standing, walking and lifting.
Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team.
Must have flexibility in terms of working hours.
Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Service and repair duties of homes and public areas.
- Various projects as assigned.
- Maintain accurate records of daily transaction.
- Handle guest request effectively and promptly.
- Maintain cleanliness of all public areas including the lodge, heath club, spa, change rooms, washrooms, and pool area.
- Promote a professional team environment.
- Maintain linen and supplies
- Direct snow removal contractors and ensure parking lots, driveways and walkways are kept safe and clear of snow at all times.
- Monitor home and shop inventories to assist in purchasing and inventory control.
- Complies with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts policies, procedures and code of ethics.
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way.
Follow department policies, procedures and service standards.
Follow all safety policies.
Other duties as assigned.
- Physical Aspects of Position: Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift.
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting.
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps.
- Must be able to frequently lift 25 – 35 pounds.
About Fairmont Heritage Place, At Nature’s Door
Ideally located alongside the World Club Dave Murray Downhill on Whistler Mountain is Fairmont Heritage Place, At Nature’s Door, Whistler – an exclusive residential community offering three to four bedroom homes and year-round access to British Columbia’s most spectacular outdoor experiences. At Fairmont Heritage Place, At Nature’s Door, owners enjoy luxury amenities and the unparalleled service that only Fairmont can deliver.
How to Apply:
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/create-profile
- Email us to let us know that you’d like to be considered for this position: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants will be directly forwarded to the Fairmont for consideration.