A modern, busy and friendly dental clinic is seeking an experienced or new graduate Certified Dental Assistant to join a full service dental clinic offering warm and friendly dental care. Ideally suited to someone who is looking for a long term career in an innovative office with a close-knit team of professionals. Competitive wage, full health benefits, continuing education funds and free on-site parking!
About the Role:
- Part-time or Full-time, up to 40 hours per week (minimum 2 or 3 days per week) and schedule flexibility.
- Typical schedule is Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 5:00pm with an hour for lunch.
- Competitive wage up to $30 per hour based on level of experience.
- Extended benefit package after 3-months (not available to p/t employees).
- Free dentistry services available for individual and their immediate family.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Uniform allowance.
- Free on-site parking!
- Warm, inviting office atmosphere with a close-knit team.
The Perfect Candidate:
- 2+ years experience as a dental assistant. New grads are also welcome to apply.
- Must be a certified Dental Assistant with licensing from the BC College of Dental Surgeons.
- Some dental office/reception experience would be beneficial, though full training is provided.
- Patient focused, with a warm and friendly demeanor.
- Energetic, dedicated and reliable professional who works well in a team and as an individual.
- Strong knowledge and use of dental instruments and sterilization methods.
- Calm under pressure and cool in emergency situations.
- Must be comfortable learning and using modern digital systems and equipment.
- Attentive to detail, highly organized and efficient.
- Detailed understanding and practice of BC health and safety requirements.
- An independent team member with excellent communication skills.
- Fulfilling a broad variety of clinical chair-side dental assisting duties.
- Assisting with the front desk and administrative operations.
- Establishing strong patient relationships while maintaining ethical professional behavior.
- Educating patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, postoperative instructions and treatment planning.
- Documenting dental care services by charting in patient records.
- Maintaining patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Preparing the treatment room and patient for dental treatments.
- Selecting and mixing proper materials for dental application.
- Providing diagnostic information through radiography and impressions.
- Maintaining safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protecting patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Operating, cleaning, sterilizing and maintaining of dental equipment.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
How To Apply:
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): https://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
- If you have created a profile with us already, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org your cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this position.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.