- long-term career position with well established Pemberton welding company.
An established and busy welding company located in Pemberton is seeking a Shop Foreman to join their team. Ideally suited for a CWB Certified Welder (CWB certified Welding Supervisor preferred) with a minimum 5 years of structural steel fabrication and installation experience. Offering a competitive hourly wage plus benefits and room for advancement within the company.
About the Role, Perks and Benefits:
- Full-time, year-round, permanent position.
- Schedule is Mon-Fri 7am-3:30pm; 40 hours per week.
- Competitive wage starting in the range of $40 to $45/hr per hours based on experience.
- Option for extended health benefits after probation period.
- Overtime hours required occasionally.
- Located in Pemberton; must have a reliable vehicle for commuting.
- COVID policies and procedures are in place for working within the shop.
The Perfect Candidate:
- CWB Certified Welder (CWB certified Welding Supervisor preferred)
Minimum 5 years of structural steel fabrication and installation experience.
- Previous experience managing employees in a production setting.
- Ability to read and work with shop drawings.
- Experience with modelling programs.
- Ability to perform physical aspects of the job ie: lift 50lbs.
- Organized, detail oriented, able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Own hand tools.
- Intermediate computer skills, some experience in MS office programs.
- Forklift experience is an asset.
- Experience with Health and Safety programs is an asset.
- Previous experience managing materials, ordering, shipping/receiving an asset.
- Ensure production stays on schedule and work is
completed in the most efficient manner; develop work schedules and employee schedules, direct and manage shop employees.
- Production fabrication and welding.
- Quality control and quality assurance.
- Ensure shop supplies and materials are stocked for upcoming production needs.
- Assist walk-in clients and liaise with clients on projects.
- Daily communications with project managers/coordinators and administration.
- Attend a weekly work in progress meeting with administration and project managers.
- Maintain CWB certifications.
- Assist in training apprentices.
- Oversee shipping and receiving
- Oversee/approve workers timecards.
- Ensuring Health and Safety program is followed by workers.
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Create a Profile and upload your resume here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/apply
- OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.whistler-jobs.com/simple_app
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate including if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation and your planned arrival date.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com.