“Need a ride? Just Whistle!” The first licensed ride-sharing company in BC has launched in Whistler–Squamish–Pemberton and we couldn’t be more excited to be working with them!
Please visit your app store of choice (below) if you wish to download the app.
NOW HIRING DRIVERS!
We are currently looking for drivers to join this B.C. owned and operated company. Fear not if you don’t yet tick all the boxes, all applicants are welcome to apply and Whistle! can help you get up and running!
About the Role:
- Design your own schedule to fit around your other commitments.
- Income can be used as a CERB top up. You control how much you earn.
- Drivers will retain 70% of the fare (30% commission to Whistle!).
- Drivers will be paid weekly, by direct deposit.
- This is a contract position; no taxes are taken from earnings.
- If you can bring a Hybrid or Electric vehicle to the table, you will get some extra Whistle! love!
Whistle! will cover the following expenses to get you up and running:
- Discounts for required vehicle inspection.
- We cover your business licence.
- We cover your commercial ICBC insurance. You don’t change your current rate class. All rides are charged by ICBC to Whistle! via our App. Cool, eh?
The first $1,500 that you earn is commission free ($450 value) & this applies to the first 30 days after your first fare.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Preference will be given to applicants who hold a valid class 1, 2 or 4 driver’s license.
- Candidates interested in obtaining their Class 4 are also encouraged to apply and to visit the ICBC.
- Be 19 years of age or older.
- Provide a copy of your ICBC driving record.
- Able to provide a Police Record Check.
- Own a vehicle that is less than 10 years and 1 month old.
- Pass a vehicle inspection performed by a designated facility.
- Provide your own smart phone.
- Have great customer service skills.
- Safe transportation of customers between destinations.
- Perform pre-trip inspections.
- Provide a polite and friendly travel environment.
- Maintain vehicle safety, appearance and cleanliness.
- Be an awesome ambassador for Whistle!
How to Apply:
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): https://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
- Send us a cover letter that answers the following questions:
- What type of drivers license do you currently hold?
- What type of vehicle do you own and what year is it?
- Do you have a clean drivers abstract and criminal record check?
- If you have created a profile with us already, please email us at email@example.com your cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this position.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.