Carlbergs Gift Shop & Sea to Sky Souvenirs, a reputable, family-owned retailers known for their quality gifts and souvenirs, is seeking an exceptional leader to fill their Store Manager role. Offering a starting salary ranging from $60,000 to $70,000 per year to start based on experience PLUS annual bonuses.
Ideally suited for someone with retail management experience who is a passionate about people, customer service and leading teams. Open to junior level and experienced candidates.
Options for a cash or ski pass signing bonus!
About the Role, Benefits & Perks:
- Full-time management position with excellent growth potential.
- Starting salary ranging from $60,000 to $70,000 per year based on experience.
- Annual bonuses based on store performance.
- Full-time, 40 hours per week with a flexible schedule that allows for work/life balance.
- Annual Whistler Blackcomb Ski Pass available.
- Extended health benefits available.
- Extremely supportive ownership and existing management.
- Amazing staff retention where most employees have been with the company between 3-15 years.
- Potential for further growth within the organization.
- Generous store discounts.
- Access to company vehicle if needed.
- Options for a cash or ski pass signing bonus!
The Perfect Candidate:
- Strong leadership abilities with experience in a retail environment an asset.
- Open to someone that has experience as an assistant manager and looking to move up in their career.
- Professional, personable with excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Strong organizational, operational, and planning skills in a customer service and sales focused environment.
- Experience with human resources, payroll and labour standard knowledge.
- Computer savvy with knowledge of internet technology.
- Motivated, goal-oriented professional that takes initiative and contributes creative ideas to improve the business.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Available to work flexible hours when needed.
- Driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Oversee in-store operations including recruiting, supervising and team management, support and mentorship. Support online and warehouse operations as needed.
- Initiate team projects and identify incentive programs that will encourage team building and keep staff members engaged and motivated.
- Positively influence team and lead by example in order to evaluate staff
- Manage payroll and employee benefit package details.
- Inventory and stock management.
- Develop and execute plans for continuous improvements in efficiency and customer experience.
- Manage cash deposits, petty cash audit, security system updates, and other administrative duties.
- Other responsibilities as outlined in the full job description which is available during the interview process.
Come Live, Work and Play in Whistler with us!
How to Apply
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Create a Profile and upload your resume here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/apply
- OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.whistler-jobs.com/simple_app
- Please do not reach out to Carlbergs Gift Shop directly; all applications must come through WPS to be considered.
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate including if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation and your planned arrival date. Click here for some resources.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.