Website Whistler Personnel
- excellent advancement opportunities
A locally owned and operated fire and flood restoration company is looking for a few hardworking individuals to join their crew. Opportunities for general labors and carpenter trades available. Offering year-round work with competitive wages, benefits include extended medical, paid vacation/personal days, opportunities for overtime and vehicle mileage allowance. Ideally suited for those with experience in general labour and/or carpentry with a strong work ethic and a great can-do attitude. Hiring for multiple positions with career advancement. Bonus: mostly indoor work during the cold Sea to Sky Winter months!
About the Role:
- Full-time, year-round with long-term career opportunities with room for advancement with an established company.
- Experienced Carpenter wages ranging from $25 to $30 per hour based on experience.
- General Labour wages ranging from $20 to $25 per hour based on experience.
- Extended health & dental benefits for you and your family plus paid vacation, personal/flex days and RRSP matching available.
- Tuition Reimbursement for continued education.
- A vehicle is required; transportation allowance is available.
- 6 branches in BC and Alberta; excellent advancement potential if desired.
- Bonus: mostly indoor work for our cold Sea to Sky Winter months!
The Perfect Candidate:
- Some experience in general labour and/or carpentry working in residential and commercial sites.
- Entry level positions are also available – willing to train the right candidate!
- A positive attitude and willing to jump in where needed; strong team player.
- An eagerness to learn and teach new skills; this opportunity provides potential to learn all aspects of restoration and general construction. Lots of cross-training; must embrace continuous learning, teaching and growth.
- Strong communication skills, able to take direction and leads by example.
- Physical ability to complete the tasks; heavy lifting, bending, reaching etc. is required on a daily basis.
- Emergency Services (Flood/Demo Technicians): Setting up drying equipment, extracting water from structures, monitoring the drying process and providing customer services to customers, removal of flooring, windows, doors, tile, cabinets, drywall and vanities all while ensuring there is adequate site protection.
- Contents: Pack and document damaged possessions including clothes, furniture, art work and electronics.
- Reconstruction (Finish & Rough Carpentry):Framing, drywalling, baseboards, sub-floors, casings, closets, doors, windows and cabinets. Install insulation and vapour barrier. Complete board-ups due to storms or vandalism.
- Other: Daily completion of tracking documents, timecards, photos, and other necessary documentation. Assist our flood technicians and content technicians from time to time.
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): https://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
- If you have created a profile with us already, please email us at email@example.com with your cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this position.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.