Website Whistler Personnel
- career building opportunity.
COVID-19 UPDATED: WE ARE STILL HIRING AND ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION.
Here’s your opportunity to jump into a great career within the law industry! This well-established and long-time Whistler company is looking to hire a Receptionist to join their professional team. Offering a great opportunity to get your foot in the door of the legal field, a competitive wage and lots of staff events. This is an ideal position for someone who is professional, highly organized with a strong attention to detail and has some reception experience.
About the Role:
- Full-time, year-round. Monday to Friday, 9 to 5.
- Wage starting in the $20 per hour range with room for advancement.
- Extended health & dental after 3 months.
- RRSP contributions and wellness allowance after 1 year.
- Warm and friendly work environment with weekly and monthly staff events.
- Perfect for a long-term local with an interest in growing a career with a law firm.
- Very friendly, social and close-knit team with lots of long-term staff.
The Perfect Candidate:
- 2+ years in an administrative and/or customer related position.
- Personable, friendly with professional appearance.
- Strong computer skills; proficient with MS Office Suite and other programs.
- Detail oriented with the ability to complete tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise.
- Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize and work under pressure.
- An interest in the legal industry is an asset.
- Greeting clients in a professional manner.
- Answering, screening and forwarding any incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed.
- Updating appointment calendars and schedule meetings/appointment for lawyers.
- Receiving, sorting and distributing daily mail, scheduling courier pick-ups for outgoing mail.
- Maintaining professional appearance of the parts of the office that the clients see (foyer, reception desk, boardroom and corridors) and keeping other areas tidy ie: kitchen.
- Maintaining tidy appearance of copier room (copiers are filled with paper, distribute print outs).
- Checking inventory of office supplies and order when needed.
- File management including retrieval and closures.
- Assisting the back-office staff with copying, filing and scanning as needed.
- Running errands as needed (banking, post office, deliveries, weekly grocery shopping, arranging for Friday socials and lawyer meetings).
How To Apply:
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): https://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
- If you have created a profile with us already, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this position.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.