Garibaldi Veterinary Hospital, a local Squamish progressive veterinary hospital, is looking to expand their professional team of Receptionists. This career boosting position is suited for an animal lover with exceptional customer service skills and prior administrative experience who wants to join a great team and spend their days helping animals and the people that love them. Offering $17 to $20 per hour to start with a comprehensive benefits package plus discounts on vet services and pet food/supplies!
About the Role:
- 3 days per week (27 to 30 hours) with potential for 4 days per week for holiday coverage. Position will become full-time after training is completed.
- 9 to 10 hours shifts with a varied schedule as the office is open 7 days per week – evenings and weekends will be required.
- Competitive wage starting in the range of $17 to $20 per hour based on experience.
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits and 2-weeks’ vacation annually (eligibility upon successful completion of 3-month probationary period).
- Tight-knit team in a very supportive work environment and ongoing team building and management support.
- Opportunities for growth within a great team environment.
- Access to vet services and discounted pet food & supplies.
- Access to the corporate pass for Callaghan covering day pass and rentals.
- For the right out of town candidate – assistance in securing accommodation may be available.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Experienced administrative professional with strong customer service skills.
- Very proactive and takes initiative; manages tasks efficiently with a “can do” attitude.
- Focused, highly professional and works in an efficient manner.
- Personable and provides the “wow” factor to all clients. It’s simple, the answer is Yes!
- Competent, sharp, detail-oriented and organized.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment and can adapt to various situations with the ability to remain calm and professional.
- Ability to deal with a variety of situations in a calm and tactful way.
- Experience using database software with proficient and accurate data entry.
- Motivated, self-starter who thrives on continuing developing and learning new skills.
- Vet Office Administration certificate is an asset.
- Reception area duties including greeting clients upon arrival, answering phones, texts and emails, handling over the counter sales and initiating/ completing consultations, booking appointments, settling accounts, answering questions about products and services.
- Opening and closing duties, keeping the reception and exam room areas clean and tidy throughout the day, cashing out, completing the daily follow up list.
- Assisting the technician and doctor with patient care as needed.
- Picking up extra shifts to cover holiday time.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/create-profile/
- Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your experience and why you would make a great candidate for this position.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work →