A reputable and busy construction company specializing in residential and commercial builds and renovations is seeking a Project Manager to join their team! This position is suited for an organized, motivated self starter with exceptional communication and project management skills at a junior or senior level. Offering a competitive salary, extended health benefits and wellness benefits plus a positive and collaborative work environment.
About the Role, Perks and Benefits:
- Year-round, full-time, career oriented role.
- Both junior and senior experience is welcome.
- Typical schedule is Monday to Friday during standard office hours with some flexibility in schedule. Opportunity to work remotely some of the time is available. Occasional weekend work may be required.
- Competitive salary based on level of experience.
- Extended health benefits after 6 months of employment.
- Wellness Benefit provided after 1 year of employment.
- Positive and team-oriented work environment with lots of management support and growth opportunities.
- Assistance with securing accommodation for the right out of town candidate (if applicable).
The Perfect Candidate
- 3+ years experience in a similar position within the construction industry with a solid understanding of project management is preferred. Junior level candidates will also considered.
- Post Secondary Education within the field.
- Background in trades ie: skilled carpenter.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills.
- Leadership and team management abilities.
- Solid understanding of project management and construction processes.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Big-picture thinker and strong attention to detail.
- Experience with estimating large projects, drafting contracts and ensuring projects are meeting timelines and budgets.
- Very solution focused with the ability to problem solve effectively, conflict resolution skills.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, PlanSwift, SketchUp, AutoCAD, Buildertrend).
- Understands and knows the local construction industry.
- Managing relationships with clients, stakeholders, municipal officials and subtrades.
- Providing exceptional client communications throughout all project phases.
- Preparing and managing contracts.
- Preparing and submit construction project budget estimates and proposals.
- Planning and preparing construction schedules.
- Planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating daily operations.
- Coordinating staff, internal and external resources.
- Overseeing and filing all incoming and outgoing project documentation.
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Create a Profile and upload your resume here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/apply
- OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.whistler-jobs.com/simple_app
- Please also send us a Cover Letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this position to: email@example.com
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate including if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation and your planned arrival date.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.