Website Whistler Personnel
- Great opportunity to lead exciting projects across the Sea to Sky Corridor.
A local Pemberton welding shop is looking for a Construction Project Manager to join their team. Ideal for a senior project manager with 5+ years of experience in the construction industry plus PMP certification (or working towards it). Offering a competitive salary with benefits and a flexible work schedule. Out of Town candidates are welcome to apply; this team has lots of resources to help the right person find local housing.
Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Women in Trades.
About Pemberton, BC:
- Some of the best outdoor recreation you can find including extensive hiking and biking trails, back-country skiing and snowmobiling, plus beautiful lakes, campgrounds and golf courses.
- Vibrant small-town feel and a family friendly community.
- Located 25 minutes north of the world class skiing and biking in Whistler, BC with an easy commute to the office.
- For more information: Pemberton: Your Gateway to Adventure Video
- Year-round, long-term steady work.
- Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week.
- Wage starting in the range of $40 to $45 per hour depending on experience.
- Option for extended health benefits after probation period.
- Must have driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Women in Trades.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Minimum 5 years in construction management with PMP designation.
- Ability to take a project from design to closeout.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite-essential.
- Strong work ethic, approachable, personable and professional.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines from multiple sources.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Site experience working with the structural ironworker trade an asset.
- Supervision of crane/lifting operations and rigging an asset.
- Experience with FabTrol Shop a definite asset.
- Post secondary education in related field an asset.
- Some Structural Steel/Bridge construction experience would be advantageous.
- Oversee and direct projects from design to closeout documentation.
- Use standard designs and bills of materials as the framework to coordinate and schedule projects.
- Work independently or with a small team to analyze designs, scheduling, and construction.
- Coordinate and direct internal workers and subcontractors.
- Liaise with customers, third party architects/engineers, contractors and internal employees to obtain information, design details to create, manage and meet project timelines.
- Oversee construction activities working with other Project Coordinators/Manager(s) and Site Superintendent.
- Occasionally travel to site when required to meet clients and associates pre and post building design and construction.
- When required maintain critical project management information like change orders, design changes, material substitutions, payment breakouts and requests.
- Maintain contacts in the construction industry with a view to sourcing new business opportunities.
- Material procurements and purchasing, review material estimates.
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status.
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper techniques.
- Manage projects as assigned by the Senior Management Teams.
How To Apply:
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Create a Profile and upload your resume here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/apply
- OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.whistler-jobs.com/simple_app
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate including if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation and your planned arrival date.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.