This busy local plumbing company is looking for experienced Service Plumbers to join their team. This position offers candidates the opportunity to work throughout the Sea to Sky Corridor allowing them to have their home base in Pemberton, Whistler or Squamish.
Ideal for a Journeyman plumber or Apprentice with experience in service work specifically as the company specializes in commercial and residential repairs and maintenance for an extensive list of regular clientele. The position allows the candidate a variety of shifts to allow for time to play plus a competitive hourly wage, overtime opportunities, year-round employment, ongoing training and mentorship, benefits program and other incentives.
About the Role, Perks and Benefits:
- Full-time (long-term) and seasonal positions with opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Competitive wage package including bonuses and incentives (to be discussed and negotiated based on applicants training and experience).
- Fully stocked truck, tools and phone provided.
- Extended health and group insurance plan available.
- Territory covered – Whistler, Pemberton, Squamish.
- Able to hire skilled foreign workers and support permanent residency applications.
- Will assist suitable out of town candidates with finding local accommodation.
- Experienced with service work, both residential and commercial
- 3rd or 4th year Apprentice or Journeyman
- Friendly, outgoing customer service focused professional who is self-motivated, organized, and reliable.
- Great attention to detail with a desire to perform high quality workmanship.
- Ability to diagnose issues quickly and accurately within their field.
- Articulate with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable with both computer and mobile phone as dispatching and all documentation regarding work orders is app based.
- Experience with a wide variety of plumbing work including residential and commercial repairs, service and installations.
- Able to operate independently, offer suggestions and work without direct supervision.
- Safety conscious.
- Drivers license with clean driving record and experience with driving larger vehicles.
- Basic small tools (larger tools, cell phone and vehicle will be supplied as well as hand tools for working holiday applicants).
- Plumbing service calls as dispatched.
- Clear communication of job details to customers and answering phone calls from customers when required.
- Maintaining clear written records using the dispatch application.
- Managing small commercial and residential renovation projects.
- Working as part of a team on larger projects.
- Estimating jobs and ordering materials and supplies.
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): https://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
- Please email or call us to setup a time for an interview: firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-902-4194 ext 2
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate including if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation and your planned arrival date.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.