This is a great opportunity for an entry-level or experienced Bookkeeper to join the team at one of Whistler’s best boutique hotels. Ideally suited for someone who is keen and loves growth with experience in AR/AP and Payroll. Offering a competitive wage with benefits, access to a season’s pass for the mountain, and a flexible schedule for work/life balance.
About the Role:
- Part-time or Full-time, year-round.
- 30 to 40 hours per week; Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm – some flexibility in scheduling (ie: work 4 days a week for a 3-day weekend).
- Starting in the range of $22.00 to $25.00 per hour depending on level of experience.
- $500 signing bonus.
- Extended health benefits plus subsidized season’s pass/bike park pass.
- Hotel and Food discounts.
- Short Term housing is available for the right candidate.
- Front desk shifts are also available as a part of this position for some variety in tasks.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Experience in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes with some knowledge of financial analysis and budgeting.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and accuracy when entering information.
- Motivated self-starter who can prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge and experience using accounting software: Quickbooks (online & desktop version).
- Some hotel-related experience is an asset.
- Keen on growing within the hotel as there are opportunities to take on shifts in other positions.
Duties / Responsibilities include:
- Perform tasks related to accounts receivable/payable including preparing and sending invoices, processing payments to vendors, receiving and recording payments for customers.
- Work in collaboration with out-sourced accounting firm to provide accurate information and problem-solve any issues.
- Payroll Administration – prepare payroll for all employees of the hotel including preparing and submitting Records of Employment and T4 slips.
- Assisting General Manager with financial analysis, budgeting and monitoring cash flow.
- Other finance related tasks as needed.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): https://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
- Take a few minutes to complete our Summary of Qualifications form which outlines your skills and experience here: https://www.whistler-jobs.com/SOQ/accounting
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org