A locally owned and operated Pemberton company is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to join their close-knit team. Ideally suited for someone who has full cycle bookkeeping experience who is team-oriented, organized, efficient, and motivated. Offering a competitive wage in the range of $24 to $28 per hour with benefits and a flexible schedule to promote work/life balance.
About the Role:
- Full-time, year-round.
- 30 to 40 hours per week; in operation 7 days a week leaving options to choose what days you work.
- Flexible schedule to promote work/life balance. Start/End times can be negotiated to balance the school pick-up/drop-off juggle if you are a parent.
- Flexibility around extra time off for vacation and leisure time.
- Wage range of $24 to $28 per hour depending on level of experience.
- Other benefits based on candidates needs can be discussed.
- Ideal for a Pemberton local looking for a great opportunity to work in the community and cut out the commute to Whistler.
- Friendly, team oriented, casual office environment that is set up for working in the new world of Covid19.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Full Cycle bookkeeping experience including accounts receivable/payable, payroll, government remittance preparation and submissions, account reconciliation, financial statements, etc.
- Knowledge of financial analysis and budgeting/forecasting.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and accuracy when entering information.
- Motivated self-starter who can prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge and experience using accounting software: either Quickbooks (online & desktop version) or SAGE. (Current software being used Sage but will transitioning to Quickbooks this summer).
- Works collaboratively within a team environment.
- Personable and friendly with a positive attitude.
Duties / Responsibilities include:
- Account reconciliations, adjusting journal entries and prepare financial statements.
- Prepare and process payroll for all employees including ROE’s and T4 documentation.
- Prepare and submit government remittances including payroll remittance, year-end remittance, GST and WCB remittance.
- Work in collaboration with out-sourced accounting firm to provide accurate information and problem-solve any issues.
- Assisting management with financial analysis, budgeting and monitoring cash flow.
- Other finance related tasks as needed.
- Being part of a team in a home based office setting, other non bookkeeping task can be expected.
How To Apply:
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): https://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
- If you have created a profile with us already, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this position.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.