Website Whistler Blackcomb
Not just a job - an experience of a lifetime.
Whistler Blackcomb are seeking an experienced and committed Building Maintenance Mechanical Supervisor to oversee the maintenance and repair of commercial HVAC, plumbing and restaurant equipment. The ideal match for this role is a Plumbing and HVAC industry professional able to provide leadership, technical expertise and direction to all aspects of daily operation. Offers a very competitive salary based on experience, excellent perks and full-time, year-round hours.
About the Role, Perks and Benefits:
- Full time (40hrs/wk), year round permanent management position.
- Competitive salary (negotiable) based on experience in the range of $80,000 – $109,000 plus bonuses and RRSP match contributions.
- Free Seasons Passes for you and your dependents.
- Staff discounts on WB restaurants, rentals, lessons, lodging, retail and services.
- Excellent WB benefit package including Extended Health Benefits.
- Enjoy the lifestyle of working with a great team at North America’s largest year-round mountain resort.
- Safe and healthy work environment with emphasis on open communication.
- At Whistler Blackcomb teamwork and celebrating success are foundational traits.
- Leadership training, professional development to help you achieve your career goals.
What you will be doing:
- Provide leadership, technical expertise and direction to the mechanical maintenance department including a staff of Journeyman, apprentices and labourers.
- Hands-on maintenance of existing facilities and equipment.
- Daily checks of the Building Automation System and building mechanical systems.
- Assign and verify completion of routine maintenance and repair all mechanical, plumbing, HVAC systems, and food equipment, which contributes to the safe and affective operation of the facilities.
- Meet with department representatives for project consultations and prepare capital project plans, budgets, schedules, contracts and agreements.
- Ensure projects meet all expectations including quality, deadlines and budgets.
- Administer programs involving electrical, mechanical and general construction, repair and maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Work with the Building Maintenance and Planning team to delegate project tasks, recognize performance issues and provide feedback for employee performance reviews.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Minimum of 5 years related maintenance, construction supervisory, or management experience.
- Trade Certification or Diploma in Construction or Engineering very beneficial.
- Familiar with mechanical systems including HVAC, plumbing and kitchen equipment.
- Prior leadership and supervisory experience leading people.
- Experience in overall project execution with the ability to understand and interpret a variety of documentation including contracts, blueprints and project specifications.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Effective and efficient conflict resolution skills.
- Solid administrative and computer skills.
- Experience with work order or asset management software.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanour with an emphasis on relationships and team leadership.
- Committed to quality, client care, teamwork and safety.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Please note: Vail Resorts currently requires all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement: “Experience of a Lifetime”
Love what you do! Because that’s what we’re all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don’t miss the chance to work and play in BC’s winter wonderland.
Our mission is simple—to create the Experience of a Lifetime for our employees, so they can, in turn, provide exceptional experiences for our guests.
- SERVE OTHERS – Own it. Personalize it. Elevate it.
- DO RIGHT – Act with integrity—always do the right thing, knowing it leads to the right outcome.
- DRIVE VALUE – Grow profit through smart and innovative business practices.
- DO GOOD – Preserve our natural environment and contribute to the success of our local communities.
- BE SAFE – Be committed to the safety and wellness of our employees and guests.
- HAVE FUN – Fun is our product—create fun, enjoy your work and share the contagious spirit.
- BE INCLUSIVE – Welcome everyone to our company, resorts and communities – Include all races, gender identities, sexual orientations, abilities, and other differences.
How to Apply:
- Apply directly to WB online here: https://career8.successfactors.com/careers?company=Vail
- Or care of Whistler Personnel here: www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
Whistler Personnel’s career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
We will forward all applications directly to Whistler Blackcomb for consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants (but we will try!)
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate including if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation and your planned arrival date.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.