Website Whistler Personnel Solutions
- Join a great crew offering plenty of opportunities for career development
One of Whistler’s top strata management companies is looking to grow their Construction Division. Now hiring Junior Hands and Site Leads!
Encouraging those who are interested in helping establish a great brand and quality work in Whistler and surrounding areas to apply.
About the Role, Benefits & Perks:
- Full-time, stable employment
- Monday – Friday, 35-40 hours/week. Weekends Free, yet POW days and MTN Bike days are encouraged.
- Wages range from $25 to $40 per hour depending on experience and position.
- Junior Hand starting wage around $25-$35/hr.
- Site Leads starting wage around $35-$40/hr.
- Plenty of room for growth and more $$/hr!!
- Career Paths: Junior Lead; Site Lead; Project Manager; Senior Manager.
- Extended health benefits after 3-months.
- Annual wellness benefit to use at your leisure.
- Cell phone and fuel allowance available.
- Very supportive management team that takes pride in their employees and supports career growth and learning new skills.
- Great team environment who celebrates successes together and lots of team events!
- An ever-expanding team in Whistler with happy employees.
- Work Hard & Play Hard – understand the lifestyle of Whistler, Squamish, and Pemberton, and support health & wellness (ie: 20cm Rule! Crankworx! MTN Bike Day! Hunting Season!).
- Out of Country candidates welcome to apply as company has ability for sponsorship
The Perfect Junior Hand Candidate:
- 2-3 years in the construction or maintenance field is a strong asset.
- Keen to learn, take initiative and build a career in the construction field.
- A Reliable team player with a great positive-can-do attitude is highly valued.
- Ability to take and follow direction, confident to work with limited supervision.
- Basic hand tools with experience in drywall, deck construction, baseboard, door trim, and kick plates is a strong asset.
- Entry Level Candidates are welcome to apply as training will be ongoing!
The Perfect Lead Hand/Site Lead Candidate:
- 5-8 years of hands-on experience in construction or maintenance is required.
Would be perfect for a Carpenter Lead who is looking to settle down, limit the commute, eliminate having to hustle for work and finding new clients.
- Own standard tools required for most maintenance projects.
- Strong leadership skills, comfortable coaching Junior team members.
- Confident to take ownership of job site requirements, timelines, working with sub trades, and occasional client communication.
- Ability to read plans and blueprints.
- Experience with drywall, deck construction, baseboard, door trim, kick plates, flashing applications, concrete, hardscaping, window/door installation, flooring, cabinetry and working with large machinery like tampers, bobcats, and excavators.
- Excellent communication with a positive attitude.
- Computer proficiency including strong knowledge MS Office programs is a bonus.
- Reliable vehicle with Class 5 drivers license and clean driving record (drivers abstract through ICBC will be required).
- A young company division with bulk of the work in Inside Unit Repairs from one wall or ceiling repairs to complete guts. They are actively working on renovation projects and are pursuing and ready to take on more. Tackling exterior repairs which involve deck replacements, siding removal and replacement and flashing details. Right now, about 85% of work is inside and expected to shift to more exterior in Spring and Summer months.
Come Live, Work and Play in Whistler with us!
Applying is Easy!
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Create a Profile and upload your resume here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/apply
- OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.whistler-jobs.com/simple_app
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate including if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation and your planned arrival date. Click here for some resources.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.