One of Whistler’s home grown success stories has a spot on the team for an Inside Sales Rep. Ideally suited for an avid mountain biker with extensive knowledge of bikes and retail sales experience. Offers an excellent starting wage and a flexible full-time schedule including Friday Rides and 3-day weekends.
About the Role:
- Full-time, year-round career position with lots of room for growth.
- Flexible 32-40 hrs per week schedule; usually Mon-Thur 8:30-5:00 with some alterations during the pandemic.
- Starting immediately or as soon as available.
- Starting wage in the range of $20 to $24/hr based on experience.
- Extended health benefits and access to discounted spirit pass.
- Very lifestyle-friendly position and organization.
- Rapidly growing successful company with a really strong ‘bike culture’.
- Could lead to other opportunities within the company.
- Join in on the team’s Friday Ride and enjoy 3 day weekends.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Must be very knowledgeable and passionate about mountain bikes and connected to the local mountain biking community.
- Must have 2+ years bike sales or industry related experience.
- Understands the mechanics of bikes, components, capabilities and varieties.
- Take excellent care of individual customers as well as dealers and partners.
- Experience dealing with warranty issues.
- Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills – including handling large volumes of emails and phone calls.
- Outgoing customer oriented personality – genuinely want to help.
- Good computer skills, tech savvy: MS Office, Excel, Word, G-Suite, ERPs.
- Needs to be comfortable with computers and technology.
- Shares the company’s core values: believes in using quality products that are suitable for their style of riding, creative in their style and their sport and committed to providing exceptional customer service.
- Confident, energetic, self-motivated.
- Team player. Work with others to solve problems or assist when needed.
- Must be a really good personality fit with the rest of the team and able to build positive relationships with customers and coworkers.
- Take excellent care of individual customers as well as wholesale dealers and shops who resell the brand.
- Providing accurate and appropriate information and guidance with excellent product knowledge and customer service.
- Being committed to building a loyal customer base and helping to develop a premier bike brand.
- Always looking for opportunities to promote the brand and serves as a brand ambassador in the mountain bike community.
- Making direct bike sales to customers including customizations.
- Managing showroom in Function (once it’s reopened) including displays, organization, cleanliness, stock levels, and signage.
- Helping walk-in customers, promptly answering the phone and responding to email inquiries
- Connect with customers by discovering their needs and desires.
- Asking open-ended questions and encouraging continued conversation.
- Dealer communication: maintaining dealer list and working with the Marketing Manager to provide timely information to dealers about new product releases etc.
- Provide easy and efficient sales processing for customer transactions via POS system, web sales platform, ERP.
- Seeing each sale through to completion including all communication with the customer, the physical preparation of the shipment, processing the financial transaction, and arranging the shipment, shipping notifications and follow up.
- Coordination of Bike Show booth and working at the shows.
- Provide a weekly update on sales and other projects to the team.
- Pitch in and help out with other areas in the business such as inventory counts.
- Prepping bike frames, assembling parts, picking orders or sweeping the floor.
- Assisting with Company Events including Loonie Races and trail maintenance nights.
How To Apply:
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/apply
- If you have created a profile with us already, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover email outlining why you would be a good fit for this position.
- Application deadline is Monday, May 25th at Noon.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.