Join a diverse and extremely talented team right here at home! This team has the skills required to build exceptional properties across a diverse scope of work including: premium custom homes, major residential renovations, commercial construction and energy-efficient buildings – a full-service construction company! Intrigued? APPLY TODAY.
About the Role, Perks and Benefits:
- Full time, part time OR temporary positions available
- Full time role – Monday-Friday
- Part time or Temporary role – create your ideal 3-5 day/week schedule
- Wage: Starting in the range of $30/hr and higher based on experience
- Extended benefits package after 3 months
- Warm, friendly work environment that understands the importance of work life balance
- A team committed to superior craftsmanship, exceptional client service and a collaborative work culture
- Trial shifts are available to meet the crew and see the job sites.
- Will support international applicants obtain their visas.
- Equal opportunity employer who supports women in trades.
- Company has been registered to hire temporary foreign workers for employment in British Columbia.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Committed to the core values of quality, accountability, commitment to clients, teamwork and safety
- High school diploma with carpentry certification or skill level acceptable to the company (5+ years)
- Proficient understanding of carpentry techniques, methods of installation and ability to read technical documents and drawings
- Experienced in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers etc.).
- Must maintain Level 1 Occupational First Aid certificate
- Willingness to adhere to safety guidelines at all times
- Knowledge of local building codes
- Good oral communication skills in English and a good understanding of basic math
- Experienced with residential and commercial projects in the range of $1-5 million is an asset
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanour at all times, to adapt to ever changing environment, ability to work productively and harmoniously with co-workers
- Committed to providing superior service to our clients
- Proven success at taking ownership for one’s responsibilities, being punctual and delivering outcomes within the defined timeframe
- Read architectural and structural blueprints, drawings and sketches
- Take measurements, calculate the size and amount of material needed and cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material
- Understand requirements of major trades at rough in and finishing stages (mechanical, electrical, plumbing, millwork, interior finish)
- Build window frames, doors, staircases and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items
- Finishing work such as installing interior and exterior trim
- Ability to work with exposed timbers
- Attend meetings with Site Supervisor and Project manager to stay informed on project progression
- Build scaffolding and other construction structures (i.e. Setting forms for concrete construction)
- Engage in proper tool maintenance and report any damages, misuse or lost/stolen tools
- Complete post-construction repairs and maintenance, as required
How to Apply:
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Create a Profile and upload your resume here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/apply
- OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.whistler-jobs.com/simple_app
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate including if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation and your planned arrival date.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.