A successful custom cabinet manufacturer in Pemberton is looking for someone to assist them with putting together cost estimates as well as the coordination of supplies, sub-trades and client communications. It’s the perfect gig for someone with cabinet making knowledge who enjoys working with people and has strong communication and coordination skills – possibly a former trades person. Offers an excellent benefits and salary reflective of experience.
About the Role:
- Full time, year round position with a great company.
- 40 hours a week Monday to Friday with every other Friday off (three day weekends!)
- Employer who values work life balance and has a passion to facilitate it.
- Locally owned manufacturer and installer of high end custom cabinets and mill-work for residential and commercial projects.
- A very stable, positive team environment – most of the crew have been there for more than 10 years.
- Competitive salary range based on previous experience (negotiable).
- Extensive benefit package including dental, medical and vision insurance.
- Career growth opportunities.
- Office based in Pemberton. Will assist with securing housing for out of town candidates.
The Perfect Candidate:
- A strong communicator and organizer with a background in cabinet making or installations.
- Very efficient with email, Word, Excel and computers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read construction documents, contracts, addenda, etc with attention to detail.
- Trades background is ideal with some experience building estimates and calculating costs of projects.
- Familiar with reading AutoCAD drawing or capable of learning (training will be provided).
- Strong mathematical skills and performs accurate calculations and analysis within deadlines.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Mircrovellum or Cabinet Vision software is an asset.
- Requires valid Class 5 BC Drivers license with a clean abstract.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced team environment.
- Punctual and demonstrate reliability.
- Review plans and drawings, understands the construction and materials required and build quotes for clients.
- Assist the production manager to prepare estimates and proposals as well as project scheduling, product deliveries, and installations.
- Frequent communications – calls and emails – with clients, suppliers, designers, architects, sub-trades and team mates.
- Source materials and subcontracts. Acquire formal price quotes from vendors for non-standard item including installation pricing.
- Coordinate orders, shipping and receiving of materials.
- Review architectural drawings and contract documents in order to perform take offs and estimates for customer projects.
- Analyze job specifications and supporting documents to ensure that all items are properly identified and included.
- Conduct site visits to verify specifics and measurements.
- Submit estimate proposals with specific attention to detail and deadlines.
- Monitor and respond to phone or email messages promptly.
- Coordinate quote follow-up’s.
- Support the office throughout daily procedures.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/create-profile/
- If you already have a profile with us please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in being considered.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants. If you would like an update or to chat with a Career Placement Specialist about your application, please email us at email@example.com