Become apart of team who is making our planet a little greener!
An exciting opportunity has arrived in Squamish for people looking to be a part of positive change and innovation. Construction and production at Nexii’s new Squamish-based production facility begins this week and are now building their dream team. This is a full-time, year-round, long-term opportunity to build a career with a progressive and inspirational company.
- Labourers & Apprentices – with basic construction experience
- Production / First Aid Crew – with minimum Level 2 OFA
- Junior / Apprentice Carpenters – looking to learn & grow their skills
- Experienced Carpenters / Form Builders – with min. 2 years experience
- Concrete Pourers and Finishers – with related experience.
- Finishers / Painters – with an eye for detail & eagerness to learn
- Crane / Forklift / Equipment Operators & Drivers – with experience
- Team Leads – with natural leadership skills & strong work ethics
- and more… with lots of opportunity for growth and learning as the company is committed to promoting from within.
About the Role, Perks and Benefits:
- Full-time, year-round long term career position (guaranteed hours)
- Working indoors year-round with at an excellent, established company
- Three weeks paid vacation to start plus paid stat holidays and sick days
- Schedule is primarily 7am-3:30pm Monday-Friday.
- Future opportunities to work a rotating shift schedule, including evenings.
- Very competitive wages are being offered on a sliding scale that gives credit for experience starting in the range of $18-$25/hr
- Higher wages for experienced trades.
- Lead Hand positions are also available
- Company is growing quickly and has operating plants all over North America
- Plenty of room for growth and lots of on-the job training opportunities.
- Training and certifications in first aid, fork lift, crane and equipment operation will be provided
- All tools will be provided plus an annual allowance for work boots
- Excellent Extended Health Benefits Plan – company pays 75%.
The Perfect Candidate:
- No prior experience is required as considerable training will be provided.
- Willing to commit long-term to learning and growing with the company
- Basic carpentry skills with a natural tendency toward precision and accuracy are very beneficial
- Eager to learn and to take training in areas identified as necessary for your position
- A demonstrated ability to use basic power tools
- Strong communication skills (English)
- Ability to operate manual and automated equipment
- Ability to follow production procedures and guidelines as instructed with accuracy,
- Ability to perform quality inspections as necessary
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, ensuring productivity and efficiency
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and work while standing and moving around
- Bonus points for: Certification in Forklift, Overhead Crane, First Aid, WHMIS or Lockout Tagout.
As a member of the Production Team, you’ll have the opportunity to provide direct, hands-on contribution to the production of innovative, sustainable building system that will positively impact our planet. We’ll lean on you to ensure that every production component of the building system is completed as required to the specifications provided and in a timely manner.
- Work as part of a production team to manufacture, inspect and deliver Nexii products and components
- Collaborate with the Lead Hand to ensure that you have the information and resources to ensure production goals and timelines are met
- Respect and adhere to all organizational and standard operating procedures
- Respect and adhere to all Health and Safety Guidelines
- Maintain cleanliness and safe operation of equipment and report any malfunctions to Lead Hands
- Ensure the final product meets the quality standards and programs of the organization
Squamish Personnel is currently taking applications for these exciting positions. Career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Create a Profile and upload your resume here (you only have to do this once): www.sqaumish-jobs.com/apply
- OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.squamish-jobs.com/simple_app
- Please also send us a Cover Letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate including if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation and your planned arrival date.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 604 398 4977 ext 1.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.
About the Company:
Nexii has developed an innovative, environmentally sustainable building solution that enables the rapid assembly of high-quality buildings. The whole building solution is made possible by the proprietary and patented material, Nexiite, and the Nexii design and assembly process, which together enable the assembly of sustainable, cost-efficient, and durable buildings.
Our mission is to build a vibrant future for people and the planet. We have big dreams, so we place an emphasis on selecting, empowering, and collaborating with like-minded individuals who want to help bring our dreams into reality.
We’re looking for mavericks—individuals who lean in with curiosity, creativity, courage, and determination. People we can trust with our mission and who embody our Corporate Culture:
- We pay attention to detail and take pride in the work we do.
- We value input from others and are eager to learn to improve ourselves and our skills
- We are self-directed and can execute our responsibilities without being told what to do.
- We work well with others and are respectful and encouraging to them while accomplishing the task at hand.
- We are capable of working in changing and chaotic situations with the capacity to help bring order and structure.
- We communicate solutions, problems and ideas to the appropriate people in a respectful way.
- We are committed to a safe workplace and following safety protocol is important to us.
- We value people and are passionate about a positive work environment and building a better planet for our families and others.
We believe that diversity of thought and experience fuels innovation. In keeping with this belief, we do not discriminate on any basis. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Are you ready to join Team Nexii?
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.