- Supporting communities across the diverse West Vancouver – Sea to Sky constituency.
The West Vancouver Sea to Sky Constituency Office of MLA Jordan Sturdy is hiring an experienced administrator/constituency engagement person to work in our busy constituency office providing constituency support, including casework, communications, office management, and community outreach.
Ideally suited to a candidate who is highly motivated, detail oriented and organized with an interest in supporting constituents and communities across the diverse West Vancouver – Sea to Sky constituency.
About the Role, Perks and Benefits:
- Full-time, year-round position (40 hours/week).
- Monday to Friday; 9am to 5pm with some flexibility; on occasion evenings may be required.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Comprehensive benefits plan after 3-months.
- Support operations across the West Vancouver – Sea to Sky constituency with a base in Squamish.
- Rewarding opportunity to support your community.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Background in business administration, political science or community engagement with several years of office administration experience.
- Friendly and warm attitude with a genuine concern for the community and its residents.
- An interest in the issues that impact our dynamic region.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint), internet, and email.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to write clearly, concisely and professionally for a wide variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective information and advocacy strategies and to exercise diplomacy and good judgement.
- Ability to work well independently as well as within a multi-disciplinary team environment. Experience working in an office environment without direct supervision is preferred.
- Knowledge of government and community-based services, community groups and organizations, and local publications.
- Some travel may be required; vehicle and driver’s license required.
- Constituency case work.
- Management of correspondence.
- Community relations with local governments and community organizations.
- Scheduling and administrative support to the MLA.
- Database management.
- Research and speaking notes.
- Attendance at community events and meetings on behalf of the MLA as required.
- Some basic accounting and tracking of office expenses and pitching in where needed.
How to Apply:
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Create a Profile and upload your resume here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/apply
- OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.whistler-jobs.com/simple_app
- Please do not reach out to Jordan Sturdy’s office directly; all applications must come through WPS.
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate including if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation and your planned arrival date.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.