A successful, local Whistler construction company, specializing in luxury home builds is expanding their team! Welcoming in experienced Carpenters and Carpenter Helpers. This dedicated team includes supportive management, rewarding work, incredible potential for professional development and more. You do not want to miss out on this opportunity.
** Out of town candidates are encouraged to apply! Assistance with relocation and securing housing is available **
- Full time, long-term, year round work
- 40 hour work week, Monday – Friday with opportunities for overtime
- Wages are based on experience and certifications
- Carpenter Helpers starting in the range of $25/hr
- Experienced Carpenters starting in the range of $35/hr
- Company funded training and development courses
- Financial support available for employees building up their tool kit
- Team appreciation outings
The Perfect Candidate:
- Well rounded experience in residential construction is an asset.
- Open to skilled apprentice applicants with experience.
- Carpenters of all levels, welcome to apply.
- Junior (1 – 2 yrs experience)
- Experienced (3- 5 yrs experience)
- Senior (6+ yrs of experience).
- Red Seal or Journeyman ticket very beneficial (and well compensated).
- Dedicated individual who aspires to grow within a team, allowing for plenty of long term growth potential
- Must have own PPE including steel-toed boots, safety vest and work gloves plus non-medical mask.
- Equipped with own basic hand-tools. Power tools and heavy equipment will usually be provided (depends on job site).
- Must have own hand tools, steel toed boots & personal protection equipment.
- Be able to complete tasks in a time frame expected of an experienced trades person.
- Vehicle is an asset but not required
- Hard-working, reliable and a team-player willing to pitch in where needed.
Carpenter Helper duties include:
- Assist with general carpentry and construction tasks on job sites.
- Cut materials with hand and power tools, and assemble or nail, cut and shape parts.
- Be neat in appearance and workmanship.
- Be knowledgeable and able to implement safety procedures according to company and WorkSafe BC guidelines.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe worksite.
Carpenter duties include:
- Ability to do concrete / framing and finishing is an asset but not required
- Ability to take on a leadership role within a team an asset
- Prioritize quality work in a clean and organized manner
- Interpret to read and interpret basic blueprints
- Build floors and wall frameworks and roof structures
- Install windows, sashes and doors.
- Other duties as necessary, happy to pitch in where needed
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): https://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.whistler-jobs.com/simple_app
- Or if you’d prefer to email your resume to us, you can send it to us here: email@example.com.
If you would like an update on your application or would like to setup at time to chat, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.