We have a wonderful opportunity for a skilled Cabinet Maker to join the team at Ars Lignea, an award winning, high-end custom cabinet shop in Pemberton, BC. It’s the perfect gig for a tradesperson with previous cabinet making experience who’s ready to take the next step in their career. Wage is negotiable based on experience and a lifestyle-friendly schedule offers Flex Fridays as well as steady, year-round indoor work.
- Open to Apprentices and Journeyman Cabinet Makers
- Out of Town and Out of Country candidates are welcome to apply; assistance in finding suitable accommodation is available!
About the Pemberton Area:
The picturesque Pemberton area is a year-round outdoor recreation destination. Sports enthusiasts head to the town from late spring to early fall to indulge in everything from hiking, biking, camping, golfing and horseback riding to rafting, jet boating, swimming and fishing. In winter, the area is a hot spot for backcountry skiing and riding, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and snowmobiling. Locals of this quaint little community enjoy quiet country life, perfect for families and when they are looking for even more adventure the world-class resort of Whistler, BC is 30 minutes down the road. www.tourismpembertonbc.com
About the Role, Perks and Benefits:
- Full-time, year-round career position.
- Steady Mon-Fri schedule with Flex Friday every other week.
- Senior wage starting around $35 per hour and Junior wage starting around $26 per hour; depending on experience.
- Award-winning custom cabinet and millwork business with over 20 years in the industry.
- Pemberton-based shop catering to high-end homes in Whistler and throughout BC.
- Very well-equipped, bright, clean shop with high-end machinery and heated floor.
- Working alongside a very skilled team of craftspersons – offers lots of opportunity for growth and perfection of the trade.
- All relevant power tools are provided by the company.
- Equal opportunity employer who supports women in trades.
- Will assist out-of-town candidates to secure location accommodation.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Suitable for an Apprentice or Journeyman Cabinet Maker with experience or recently graduated.
- Cabinet Making or Fine Woodworking trade school graduate preferred.
- Friendly, helpful attitude and demonstrates respect and teamwork.
- Previous experience and knowledge of all typical European hardware is very beneficial.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent problem solving skills.
- Read architectural/ design plans and specifications.
- Ability to communicate effectively and politely with team members and customers.
- Works well independently and unsupervised.
- Has own basic hand tools.
- Has fun at work while staying focused and productive. Great sense of humour is a plus!
- Build high-end custom cabinets and furnishings according to design.
- Read sketches and blueprints to set up for project.
- Operate woodworking machinery including but not limited to beam saw, edgebander, planer, jointer and hand tools.
- Cut, shape and assemble components into high-end finished products that you are proud of.
- Loading and unloading parts onto a CNC machine and veneer press.
- Physically able to lift 50 pounds or more on a regular basis.
- Class 5 drivers license.
- Ensure work area and machinery are kept clean and organized.
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Create a Profile and upload your resume here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/apply
OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.whistler-jobs.com/simple_app
- Please also send us a Cover Letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this position to: email@example.com
- Please do not contact Ars Lignea directly; all applications must come through WPS to be considered.
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate including if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation and your planned arrival date.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.