A high end custom cabinet manufacturer in Pemberton has an opening for a full time, year-round Cabinet Maker & Bench Worker on their team. Junior or Senior candidates may apply. It’s the perfect gig for a tradesperson with previous cabinet making experience who’s ready to take the next step in their career. Wage is negotiable based on experience and lifestyle-friendly schedule offers Flex Fridays as well as steady, year-round indoor work.
About the Role:
- Full-time, year-round career position.
- Steady Mon-Fri schedule with Flex Friday every other week.
- Junior wage starting around $26 per hour and Senior wage starting around $35 per hour; depending on experience.
- Award-winning custom cabinet and millwork business with over 20 years in the industry.
- Pemberton-based shop catering to high-end homes in Whistler and throughout BC.
- Very well-equipped, bright, clean shop with high-end machinery and heated floor.
- Working alongside a very skilled team of craftspersons – offers lots of opportunity for growth and perfection of the trade.
- All relevant power tools are provided by the company.
- Equal opportunity employer who supports women in trades.
- Will assist out-of-town candidates to secure location accommodation.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Suitable for an Apprentice or Journeyman Cabinet Maker with experience or recently graduated.
- Cabinet Making or Fine Woodworking trade school graduate preferred.
- Friendly, helpful attitude and demonstrates respect and teamwork.
- Previous experience and knowledge of all typical European hardware is very beneficial.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent problem solving skills.
- Read architectural/ design plans and specifications.
- Ability to communicate effectively and politely with team members and customers.
- Works well independently and un-supervised.
- Has own basic hand tools.
- Has fun at work while staying focused and productive. Great sense of humour is a plus!
- Build high-end custom cabinets and furnishings according to design.
- Read sketches and blueprints to set up for project.
- Operate woodworking machinery including but not limited to beam saw, edgebander, planer, jointer and hand tools.
- Cut, shape and assemble components into high-end finished products that you are proud of.
- Loading and unloading parts onto a CNC machine and veneer press.
- Physically able to lift 50 pounds or more on a regular basis.
- Class 5 drivers license.
- Ensure work area and machinery are kept clean and organized.
How To Apply:
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): https://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
- If you have created a profile with us already, please email us at email@example.com your cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this position.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.