Build your career in retail management and work with an incredible team and a family owned company in business locally for over30 years. Offering a salary in the range of $53,000+ per year to start based on experience, annual Ski Pass plus access to vehicle and a flexible schedule.
Ideally suited for those with some retail experience who are looking to take their career to the next level.
About the Role, Benefits & Perks:
- Full-time, year-round management position with growth potential.
- Starting salary in the range of $53,000 PLUS per year based on experience.
- Annual bonuses based on store performance.
- Annual Whistler Blackcomb Ski Pass available.
- Extended health benefits available.
- Generous store discounts.
- Access to company vehicle if needed.
- Signing bonus available for long-term candidates – either cash or a ski/bike park pass!
- Extremely supportive ownership and existing management providing guidance, growth and mentorship. Established team of long-term employees.
- Store Manager position also available: https://www.whistler-jobs.com/job/retail-manager/
The Perfect Candidate:
- Experience in a retail environment with excellent customer service and people skills.
- Great opportunity for someone looking to progress their career into a leadership role or someone who has previous management experience.
- Professional, personable with excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Strong organizational, operational, and planning skills in a customer service and sales focused environment.
- Experience with human resources, payroll and labour standard knowledge.
- Computer savvy with knowledge of internet technology plus some experience with e-commerce and online merchandising very beneficial.
- Motivated, goal-oriented professional that takes initiative and contributes creative ideas to improve the business.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Availability to work flexible hours when needed.
- Driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Assist Store Manager with daily operations and smooth business operations of store.
- Staff Management: assist with recruiting/hiring and training of new employees, staff supervision, scheduling,
- Inventory management.
- Merchandising: ensure that the floor displays are clean and organized, ensure that all standard display presentation and displays are in good order and adhered to.
- Assist with invoicing and meeting finance deadlines.
- Payroll/ Reporting and understanding of the benefits to team; ready to jump in when needed.
- Assists Store Manager with developing and executing plans for continuous improvements in efficiency and customer experience.
- Oversee regular cash deposits, petty cash audit, security system updates, and other administrative duties.
- Other responsibilities as outlined in the full job description which is available during the interview process.
Come Live, Work and Play in Whistler with us!
How to Apply
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Create a Profile and upload your resume here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/apply
- OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.whistler-jobs.com/simple_app
- Please do not reach out to Carlbergs Gift Shop directly; all applications must come through WPS to be considered.
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate including if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation and your planned arrival date. Click here for some resources.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.