Our clients are building fine homes, completing the renovations of restaurants, restoring hotels after water damage and working on a variety of other projects around Whistler, Pemberton and Squamish. They requires a number of general labourers and skilled drywallers and carpenters each week to assist with these projects. Requires good physical fitness, willingness to get your hands dirty and work hard plus a great attitude. Prior experience is a definite plus. Pays $17 – $27/hour based on experience / trade certifications.
WORK ASSIGNMENTS AVAILABLE THIS WEEK:
POSITION: Experienced Drywallers $24-$28/hour
- DATES & TIMES: Mondays to Friday starting Tues, Oct 9th
- 5 days a week for 2-3 weeks *
- 8:30am to 5:00pm daily
- Must be available 5 days a week and able work overtime if needed to get the project done.
- *Duration of work assignment may be extended or shortened depending on progression of work and completion of project.
- DUTIES: Assisting with the hanging, taping and boarding of drywall at a newly renovated restaurant. Involves physical labour and heavy lifting.
- SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Minimum of 2 years of prior drywall experience hanging, taping and boarding drywall. Physically fit, ready to work hard, able to lift heavy loads and be on your feet all day.
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Steel toed or sturdy work boots required. Basic tool belt and electric drywall screw gun beneficial. Hard hat & gloves also beneficial (or can be supplied).
POSITION: Basic Construction Labour / Site Crew. Squamish $17-$21/hour
- NUMBER OF SHIFTS: 3-5 days per week for all of Sept & Oct with potential for extension through the fall.
- DATES: Monday through Friday each week – days are flexible (select the ones you can do). Preference will be given to a worker who can do at least 3 days a week.
- TIMES: 8am – 4:30pm with some flexibility.
- DUTIES INCLUDE: Assisting on a construction site, basic carpentry (will train), moving materials, cleaning the site and assisting trades. Pitching in where needed.
- SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Physically fit, ready to work hard, able to lift heavy loads and be on your feet all day. Beneficial to have some prior construction experience. Fall protection training preferred (or can be provided).
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Must have steal toed boots, hard hat & gloves. Bring harness and rope if you have it. Tools and fall protection equipment will be provided.
POSITION: Construction Labourer / Site Crew & Driver $19 – $21/hour
- NUMBER OF SHIFTS: 2 days per week for all of Aug & Sept with potential for additional shifts.
- DATES: Starts Aug21. Ideally Tuesdays and Thursdays each week – days are flexible.
- TIMES: 8am – 4:30pm with some flexibility.
- DUTIES INCLUDE: Assisting on site of a luxury home build, moving materials, cleaning the site and assisting trades. Also involves driving supplies and equipment between job sites and removing debris and scraps.
- SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Physically fit, ready to work hard, able to lift heavy loads and be on your feet all day. Beneficial to have some prior construction experience. Must be comfortable driving a truck and trailer. Requires a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Must have steal toed boots, hard hat & gloves.
POSITIONS: Renovation Crew – Labourers and Skilled Carpenters, Painters, Drywallers $17 – $27/hour
- DATES: 3-5 shifts per day starting Monday, June 4th all summer long *long-term positions also available.
- TIMES: 8:30am – 5:00pm *some overtime may be available
- LOCATION: Restaurant in Whistler Village
- DUTIES INCLUDE: General labour and basic construction jobs. Assisting with the demolition and renovation at a restaurant. Includes cleaning, hauling, organizing supplies and the use of basic tools and equipment.
- SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Physically fit, ready to work hard, able to lift heavy loads (30-50lbs) and be on your feet all day. Prior construction experience very beneficial.
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Steel toed or sturdy work boots required. Hard hat & gloves also recommended.
WORKER WAGES: $17 – $28 /hour
Whistler Personnel uses a progressive pay system that awards pay increases based on number of Successful Shifts completed. The more you work with us, the more you get paid per hour!
- BASIC LABOURERS:
- Tier 1 = $17/hr to start plus 4% vacation pay
- Tier 2 = $18/hr after 5 Successful Shifts plus 4% vacation pay
- Tier 3 = $19/hr after 10 Successful Shifts plus 4% vacation pay
- EXPERIENCED LABOURERS / DRIVERS:
- Tier 1 = $19/hr to start plus 4% vacation pay
- Tier 2 = $20/hr after 5 Successful Shifts plus 4% vacation pay
- Tier 3 = $21/hr after 10 Successful Shifts plus 4% vacation pay
- Must have own PPE (steal toed boots, hard hat, work gloves)
- SKILLED TRADES / PAINTERS / CARPENTERS / DRYWALLERS:
- Tier 1 – $24-$26/hour to start plus 4% vacation pay
- Tier 2 = $25-$27/hr after 5 Successful Shifts plus 4% vacation pay
- Tier 3 = $26-$28/hr after 10 Successful Shifts plus 4% vacation pay
- Must have own PPE (steal toed boots, hard hat, work gloves), basic hand tools and provide proof of certification.
- To earn top wages, must also provide own tools and tool belt.
- Successful Shifts = be on time, work hard and make our clients happy!
- All previous shifts worked in any position with WPS count towards a higher Tier for all future shifts.
To Apply: If you are available for this assignment, please let us know ASAP :
- email email@example.com and confirm your availability and interest in the role
- ensure your resume and application have been submitted on www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work (you only need to do this once)
- ensure we can reach you (keep your phone on!)
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for this assignment. Priority is often given to our current temp employees who have done similar work for us. Due to time constraints, we may be able to contact all applicants (but we will try!)
WHY SIGNUP FOR TEMP WORK?
Perhaps you’re looking for supplemental income? Filling in time? Have one day, one week or one month to spare? Between seasonal work? Enjoy variety and flexibility? We can connect you with Whistler’s top employers and provide work that suits your skills, lifestyle and schedule.
Whistler Personnel has regular temp job opportunities for administrators, housekeepers, servers and bartenders. It’s a great way to pick up extra shifts during slower periods or days off. Submit your details to us including the type of work you want, the times and days you are available and the pay you require and we’ll notify you each time something suitable comes up.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work →