Coast Construction is looking to expand their trades team! If you are a confident and experienced Site Supervisor and high-end, custom residential and commercial construction is your passion, then look no further than this expanding and successful Whistler- based company.
They are searching for highly motivated and highly skilled construction professionals who are capable of leading site-based operations. Offering full-time, year-round employment, complex and varied construction projects, a great wage based on experience, team-building social events and a supportive collaborative work environment.
- Full time, year round.
- Competitive wage based on experience.
- Develop and grow your skillset in a leadership role.
- Extended health benefits available.
- Diverse work in high-end custom residential and boutique commercial projects.
- Team-building social events.
- Company clothing (t-shirts, long sleeve shirts, hoodie, toque, ball cap, water bottle).
- Possible opportunity for project work in remote locations on BC Coast.
- Safe and efficient work environment with emphasis on open communication where teamwork and celebrating successes are foundational traits.
- A team committed to superior craftsmanship, exceptional client service and a collaborative work culture
- Equal opportunity employer who supports women in trades.
- Company has been registered to hire temporary foreign workers for employment in British Columbia.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Lead Carpenter in custom, high-end residential and/or commercial construction.
- Experience with residential projects up to $3+ million.
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques & methods of installation.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of technical drawings and specifications.
- Strong knowledge of current provincial & municipal building code standards & regulations.
- Comfortable with MS Outlook & Excel and familiar with MS Project.
- Ability to work under limited supervision while demonstrating independent judgement and critical thinking.
- Superior interpersonal skills while dealing with clients, sub-trades and employees.
- Committed to quality, client care, teamwork and safety.
- Maintain construction site operations to ensure the project completes on time, on budget and to company’s commitment of exemplary build quality.
- Implement the project schedule, control costs, record site activity while maintaining positive relationships with clients, sub-trades and fellow employees.
- Take ownership, direction and responsibility of all site personnel.
- Adhere to superior standards of safety, build quality and client service.
- Read and interpret plans and project specifications – Identify problem areas and bring them to attention with a suggested course of action.
- Direct and coordinate the work of all trade contractors.
- Ensure all deliveries to site are verified for accuracy in quantity and measurement and notes all all quality problems.
- Participation in consultations and client/trade meetings.
- Encourage a supportive, collaborative work environment.
- Maintain a positive relationship with neighbors, clients and employees with open, effective communication.
- Documentation of site activity.
- Order and pick up of site materials and supplies.
- Prepare hit lists/deficiency lists.
- Identify and respond to safety issues to ensure the safety of all workers. Adhering to Health and Safety standards.
Come Live, Work and Play in Whistler with us!
Applying is Easy!
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Create a Profile and upload your resume here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/apply
- OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.whistler-jobs.com/simple_app
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate including if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation and your planned arrival date. Click here for some resources.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.