One of Whistler’s exclusive resort communities, Fairmont Heritage Place at Nature’s Door, is seeking a friendly and helpful guest services professional to fill the role of Resident Assistant. In this role, you will personally take care of the guests with an engaging smile and personality and assist them throughout the day. Full-time employment offers amazing perks including a wellness allowance, full benefits and a flexible schedule. No prior experience necessary however a BC drivers license is required.
About the Role:
- Year round, full time.
- Flexible scheduling – a combination of daytime and evening shifts to allow for maximum time to play.
- Wage starting in the range of $19/hr plus the opportunity to earn gratuities.
- Extended health and dental benefits after 3 months of full time work.
- Wellness allowance which can be used towards a ski pass, discounted Fairmont gym/spa pass or other leisure activities.
- Travel perks to world-class Fairmont properties resorts in Vancouver, Hawaii and around the world.
The Perfect Candidate:
First impressions are everything! Your engaging smile and personality are the essence of a great Houseperson with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. You will be empowered to deliver on our mission of “Turning moments into memories for our guests”.
- General handyperson skills an asset.
- Detail oriented.
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written).
- Ability to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Previous customer related experience an asset.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team.
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- No prior experience necessary – training will be provided.
- Must have a valid BC Drivers license.
- Must already be living in the area with secured housing as accommodation is not provided with this position.
Physical Aspects of Position:
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift.
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting.
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps.
- Must be able to frequently lift 25 – 35 pounds.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Service and repair duties of homes and public areas.
- Maintain accurate records of daily transaction.
- Handle guest request effectively and promptly.
- Maintain cleanliness of all public areas including the lodge, heath club, spa, change rooms, washrooms, and pool area.
- Promote a professional team environment.
- Provide shuttle service for owners and guests in the company vehicle.
- Maintain linen and supplies.
- Monitor home and shop inventories to assist in purchasing and inventory control.
- Direct snow removal contractors and ensure parking lots, driveways, and walkways are kept safe and clear of snow at all times.
- Complies with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts policies, procedures and charter of ethics.
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way.
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards.
- Follow all safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
About Fairmont Heritage Place, At Nature’s Door
Ideally located alongside the World Club Dave Murray Downhill on Whistler Mountain is Fairmont Heritage Place, At Nature’s Door, Whistler – an exclusive residential community offering three to four bedroom homes and year-round access to British Columbia’s most spectacular outdoor experiences. At Fairmont Heritage Place, At Nature’s Door, owners enjoy luxury amenities and the unparalleled service that only Fairmont can deliver.
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume directly to: email@example.com
The Fairmont will review all applications and reach out to those considered for an interview.