Upper Village Market, a gourmet grocery store located in the heart of Whistler’s upper village is looking to add to their amazing team! Offering up to $22/hour based on experience, a paid Whistler Blackcomb Ski Season Pass, scheduling flexibility and part-time or full-time hours.
Entry level candidates welcome to apply! Ideally suited to those with customer service skills who love connecting with people and working in a collaborative and fun team environment.
About the Role, Benefits & Perks:
- Part Time or Full Time available.
- Guaranteed hours and year-round work.
- Flexible scheduling. Set schedule can be requested and happy to work around other schedules.
- Up to $22 per hour depending on experience with potential for increases based on performance.
- Annual Activity Allowance (ie: Whistler Blackcomb Seasons Pass).
- Staff discounts on store products.
- Lots of team building events & incentives.
- Supportive leadership with plenty of opportunities for learning and growth.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Experience in customer service is an asset but willing to train the right candidate!
- Cheerful, helpful and efficient customer service at all times. Willing to go the extra mile to ensure exceptional customer service.
- Motivated, self starter; takes initiative and helps out where needed.
- Supervisor position requires leadership skills and experience; able to manage a team, mentor and encourage staff.
- Cash handling experience and operation of POS systems is an asset.
- Creative and wants to assist with store merchandising displays; contributes ideas.
- Ensure the smooth operation of the Market to the best of your ability.
- Preparation of value-added services such as gift baskets, Groc to Go shopping, and organizing any necessary deliveries.
- Ordering of product as specified by owners while keeping in mind the
company goals of cost effectiveness.
- Assumes responsibility for security key and alarm code as well as all
related opening and closing duties.
- Assist with setting up store merchandising displays.
- Safely and accurately restock product shelves.
- Ensure products are front facing and orderly on shelves.
- Be proactive and thorough in keeping up with any details or follow-up that is necessary.
- Maintain a calm, courteous, and friendly rapport with customers.
Come Live, Work and Play in Whistler with us!
Applying is Easy!
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Create a Profile and upload your resume here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/apply
- OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.whistler-jobs.com/simple_app
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate including if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation and your planned arrival date. Click here for some resources.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.