Website Whistler Personnel
- Great potential for growth within the hotel industry.
This the iconic 71-unit hotel at the center of Whistler Village is looking for a self-motivated, energetic person with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong leadership qualities to join their team. Offering up to $25 per hour to start based on experience plus monthly bonuses and opportunities for growth.
- Full-time, 40 hours per week.
- Schedule will be a blend of days, evenings and weekends.
- Starting wage up to $25 per hour to start depending on experience.
- Signing bonus paid out after 1 year of employment for long-term candidates.
- Extended health benefits after 3 months.
- Annual bonuses based on performance.
- Plenty of room for growth and career advancement.
The Perfect Candidate:
- 1 to 2 years experience working in a hotel environment with supervisor responsibilities is an preferred but willing to train the right candidate.
- Dynamic personality; outgoing and friendly, very personable and can build positive relationships.
- Strong administrative skills; organized with good time management and can multitask, works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Pays careful attention to detail and demonstrates common sense.
- Strong Interpersonal and problem-solving abilities.
- Maintains a high standard of quality service and hospitality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (including Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Experience with front desk POS, Reservation systems.
- Experience with digital marketing and managing social media campaigns.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Second language an asset.
- Supervising front desk staff and ensuring smooth guest service operations.
- Greeting all guests in a professional and friendly manner, providing concierge services and assisting them in building a memorable visit.
- Checking guests in and out of the hotel, ensuring they are well informed of the hotel amenities.
- Answer all inquiries promptly and knowledgeably, always ensuring complete and accurate information is given.
- Making reservations for future arrivals.
- Investigate complaints about service and equipment and take corrective action and resolution.
- Coordinate activities with other departments to ensure that services are provided in an efficient and timely manner.
- Process guests’ departures calculate charges and receive payments.
- Manage social media accounts and develop strategic marketing campaigns.
- Manage group and corporate sales and guest services.
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Create a Profile and upload your resume here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/apply
- OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.whistler-jobs.com/simple_app
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate and if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation. Click here for some resources to get you started: Whistler Advice and Helpful Links
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.