COVID-19 UPDATE: We are still accepting applications for Temporary Positions. We are taking precautions to ensure that our team and those around them stay healthy. Read more here: www.whistler-jobs.com/work-safety-plan
**REMINDER: CERB recipients are permitted to earn up to an extra $1000 per month on top of their benefits.
Work in a coastal island paradise and watch for eagles, whales, deer and more on your lunch break! A progressive, sustainably minded company on Bowen Island is looking for the perfect candidate(s) to join them this summer! Flexible schedule and plenty of other perks!
POSITION TITLE: BUILDING MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN, BOWEN ISLAND
- DATES, TIMES & NUMBER OF SHIFTS:
- Ongoing contract for 2-4 months ideally starting Mon, July 10th
- 4-5 days/week (option for 4x10s or 4x9s) on an ongoing basis with potential for permanent year-round position.
- MEETING LOCATION: Snug Cove, Bowen Island
- SCHEDULE NOTES: Preference will be given to workers who can commit to the entire contract. Ferry travel cost and portion of gas and parking cost will be covered.
- DUTIES INCLUDE: Exterior building maintenance including the exterior cleaning of windows, gutters, siding, roofs, driveways and decks.
- SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Relevant experience and confidence using tools and power equipment preferred.
- Must be capable of physical work, including climbing 30 ft ladders and working at heights in a variety of weather conditions.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- A vehicle/reliable transportation and driver’s license are an asset but not required.
- Physically fit, mobile and able to work on your feet for the duration of shift.
- Friendly, hard-working and happy to pitch in where needed.
- A non-smoker strongly preferred as smoking is not permitted on any of the job sites.
Whistler Personnel uses a progressive pay system that awards pay increases based on the number of Successful Shifts completed. The more you work with us, the more you get paid per hour!
EXPERIENCED MAINTENANCE TECH – with at least 2 yr related experience.
- Tier 1 = $22/hr to start plus 4% vacation pay
- Tier 2 = $23/hr after 5 Successful Shifts plus 4% vacation pay
- Tier 3 = $24/hr after 10 Successful Shifts plus 4% vacation pay
JUNIOR MAINTENANCE TECH – with less than 2 yr related experience.
- Tier 1 = $20/hr to start plus 4% vacation pay
- Tier 2 = $21/hr after 5 Successful Shifts plus 4% vacation pay
- Tier 3 = $22/hr after 10 Successful Shifts plus 4% vacation pay
Successful Shifts = be on time, work hard and make our clients happy! All previous shifts worked with WPS count towards a higher Tier for all future shifts. Shifts can be in any temp position with Whistler Personnel (and we have LOTS available!)
HOW TO APPLY: Send in your application ASAP as we are moving very quickly to fill this role.
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Submit your resume and qualification details here: APPLY FOR JOB (you only need to do this once)
- Email email@example.com with your desired shifts and start times or call 604 905 4194 ext 1 to book your dates.
- Ensure we can reach you (check your email & keep your phone on)
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
Why Signup for Temp Work?
Perhaps you’re looking for supplemental income? Filling in time? Have one day, one week or one month to spare? Between seasonal work? Enjoy variety and flexibility? We can connect you with Whistler’s top employers and provide work that suits your skills, lifestyle and schedule.
Whistler Personnel has regular temp job opportunities for administrators, housekeepers, servers, labourers, chefs, bartenders, event crew and more! It’s a great way to pick up extra shifts during slower periods or days off. Submit your details to us including the type of work you want, the times and days you are available and the pay you require and we’ll notify you each time something suitable comes up.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.