Global Rope Access has been contracted to perform Stabilization work on the Fraser River Emergency Rock Works project in BC Canada by the Department of Fisheries and Oceans. There was a rockslide on the Fraser River that has chocked off access for spawning fish to get to where they need to be by the end of this August. The work GRA is doing is extremely important to regain access for the fish within the short timeline with the goal of using rocks to create a path for the fish to swim upstream and avoid a 5m waterfall. They are seeking qualified individual who have either Industry Rope Access Trade Association (IRATA) or Society of Professional Rope Access Technicians (SPRAT) Certification and strong experience working in mountainous terrain.
About the Role:
- Contract starting ASAP and runs until the end of August 2019.
- Industry Rope Access Trade Association (IRATA) or Society of Professional Rope Access Technicians (SPRAT) Certification is a requirement.
- Project is based in Lillooet, BC.
- Wage range starting at $25 – $30/hour as per industry standards.
- Lots of overtime will be incurred; 7 days per week with 10 to 12-hour workdays.
- Accommodation and food allowance are provided.
- Get to say that you saved salmon!
The Perfect Candidate:
- Industry Rope Access Trade Association (IRATA) or Society of Professional Rope Access Technicians (SPRAT) Certification is required.
- Safely utilizes rope access methods and rescue systems.
- Experienced in mountainous terrain is an asset.
- Guiding experience is an asset.
- Rock stabilization is an asset.
- High Angle Rescue, Air Bagging, & Trim Blasting.
- Continued safety scaling of cliff.
- Rock moving.
- Mounting of fish cannon.
How to Apply:
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file (you only have to do this once): whistler-jobs.com/create-profile
- If you have already submitted your Profile to us, you can email email@example.com about positions you wish to apply for. You do not need to submit your resume again.
- Please do not contact the company directly – Qualified applications received for this role will immediately be forwarded to their hiring .
**IMPORTANT** By applying for this role, you are agreeing to allow Whistler Professional Solutions to represent you to our client. Please do us and them the courtesy of replying to any emails or calls that you receive promptly and professionally even if you are no longer interested in the role.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work →