Website Whistler Personnel
- Opportunity in an amazing kitchen!
Are you looking for positive team energy and a great place to grow your culinary career while still enjoying the Whistler lifestyle?
One of Whistler’s most popular Japanese inspired restaurants with irresistible food is now hiring a Prep Cook. This is a great opportunity to work along side and learn from some of the best in the biz. A flexible schedule and a big, lovable team and a generous tip pool are some of the other reasons why this is an employer of choice.
About the Role:
- Work with a fun team and learn from a highly qualified and acclaimed Head Chef.
- Full-time or part-time flexible hours 3-5 days a week (you choose!) with AM and PM shifts available.
- Competitive base wage reflective of experience plus an excellent share of tips which ads an average of $3-5 per hour to your income.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Minimum 1 year of related kitchen experience with a passion and commitment to learning.
- Outgoing, positive and motivated.
- Some schooling or professional training beneficial.
- Experience following recipes and guidelines.
- Must have good knife skills and basic knowledge of kitchen equipment and appliances
- Food Safe and WHMIS certification very beneficial or can be provided.
- Cook and prep for a very busy restaurant and bar.
- Proper use and knowledge of all foodstuffs, equipment, chemicals, and procedures.
- Maintain high personal standards; Wear proper attire, maintain a clean appearance and work in a safe, clean, efficient organized manner.
- Work in a timely manner as much as is humanly possible while being cognizant of the importance of every food item served to every client.
- Maintain and enforce the highest standards of quality, service, and appearance of all food items that leave the kitchen.
- Work with a helpful, team-spirited attitude toward all co-workers.
- Be aware of proper rotation of all foodstuffs and help with storage of incoming product.
- Oversee work of any junior members of the kitchen team who are under your direction.
- Communicate between shifts and with supervisors and team mates.
TO APPLY: *Please contact ASAP if you are interested as we are moving quickly to fill this role!
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/create-profile
- Please take 5 minutes to highlight your skills and experience on this summary of qualifications: www.whistler-jobs.com/SOQ/kitchen
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants (but we will try!) If you would like an update regarding your application you are welcome to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604 905 4194 ext 2.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.