Website Whistler Personnel Solutions
Find your perfect match!
A large and successful modular building company has relocated their factory and head office to Squamish and has an opening for a full-time, year-round Plant Foreman to lead their production team. Suitable for a journeyman carpenter with strong experience and knowledge in wood frame construction with exceptional leadership skills. A very competitive salary in the range of $80,000 to $90,000 per year, a comprehensive benefits package and working with a great company are some of the perks this opportunity offers.
About the Role:
- Long-term, year-round leadership position.
- Monday to Thursday; 7:00 am to 5:30 pm; needs to be available as operational needs require.
- Comprehensive extended health benefits.
- Competitive salary ranging between $80,000 to $90,000 per year based on experience.
- Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Women in Trades.
- Willing to contribute to relocation costs for the perfect candidate.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the construction industry preferably in wood framing.
- Red Seal certification or equivalent years of experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role overseeing job sites and guiding, mentoring work crews.
- Very strong knowledge of the construction industry.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects at once. Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to problem-solve effectively in order to run the floor efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate staff and ensure efficient and proper production of products.
- Has a “lead by example” approach.
- Strong computer skills with some experience using plant management software.
- Fluent in blueprint reading and specifications.
- Ability to operate in both office and factory floor environments
- Strong understanding of building materials and procedures.
- Overseeing the day to day operations of crew, production and efficiency.
- Providing strategic leadership, coaching/mentoring and training plant staff.
- Working closely with project managers in order to communicate and facilitate the completion of projects.
- Allocating staff/resources to coincide with production schedule.
- Working alongside project managers to ensure completion of each project.
- Monitoring productivity and reduce waste.
- Implementing and monitor safety procedures.
- Please take about 7 minutes to highlight your job-specific strengths and experience here: whistler-jobs.com/SOQ/business-manager/
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org