Join this exciting and youthful organization as their Payroll Administrator. Ideal for someone with some experience in accounting who is detail-oriented and solution focused with a passion for numbers! Offering a competitive salary, flexible part-time schedule and the opportunity to advance.
About the Role:
- Part-time, 24 hours per week leaving plenty of time to enjoy all the activities that Whistler has to offer.
- 3 days per week, 9 am to 5 pm, Mon to Wed on payroll weeks, flexible on non-payroll weeks.
- Be a part of one of Whistler’s best accounting teams.
- Strong potential for growth and advancement with an organization that is dedicated to staff success.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Strong knowledge of time and attendance systems is required.
- Experience with hourly and salaried payroll.
- Accounting knowledge sufficient to perform journal entries and payroll account reconciliations.
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong computer skills; MS Office.
- Solutions-oriented and strong attention to detail.
- Impeccable organizational skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions in conjunction with multiple stakeholders.
- Excels in a team environment.
- Self-starter – ability to jump into the middle of problems and obtain effective results.
- Ability to think about big-picture strategy and bottom-line results.
Duties / Responsibilities include:
- Investigate and resolve payroll issues with management at various operating locations
- Create and/or run reports from payroll or time and attendance system.
- Act as a time and attendance system administrator.
- Ensure the timely processing of journal entries into the accounting system.
- Prepare reconciliations for payroll accounts.
- Prepare and submit payroll deductions and remittances on a timely basis and ensure records are up to date.
- Prepare and process commission reports for payment.
- Prepare T4’s, ROE’s, and various payroll reports as requested.
- Reconcile payroll deductions for annual reporting.
- Update payroll system with employee information packages ensuring all information is received and accurate.
- Report/pay quarterly/yearly Work Safe BC reconciliations.
- Please take about 7 minutes to highlight your job-specific strengths and experience here: https://www.whistler-jobs.com/SOQ/accounting .
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): https://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com