Website Whistler Personnel
- excellent wage plus growth potential.
An independently owned specialty optical store located is a well established Vancouver neighbourhood with over 30 years history in the same location, is looking for an Optician to join their team. Ideally suited for an experienced optician who is positive, detail-oriented, and proactive. Offering full-time, a competitive wage, comprehensive benefits package and opportunities for growth within the industry.
About the Role:
- Full-time, 40 hours per week with a flexible schedule.
- Competitive wage ranging from $25.00 to $30.00 per hour depending on experience.
- $300 signing bonus after 90 day probationary period.
- Extended health care benefits and paid vacation time.
- Discounts of products and services with a medical charge account.
- Yearly uniform allowance.
- Professional and team-oriented work environment with plenty of company events.
- Covid-19 precautions are in place including remote interview process, PPE, social distancing guidelines and sanitizing, disinfecting and cleaning procedures.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Optician experience is a must as this position will be the Primary Optician at the location.
- Licensed Optician / Contact Lens Fitter (Required).
- Experience with both contact lenses and glasses.
- Friendly, outgoing and personable with strong communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and sales skills required.
- Ability to operate lensometers and other equipment.
- Review Physician’s prescriptions and orders based on medical charts.
- Operate manual lensometer and other tools to achieve proper fittings for patients.
- Frame adjustments and repairs to give the optimal fit and edging lenses to ensure finished glasses fit perfectly for the clients.
- Educate patients on their corrective lens options and help them make a choice that fits their medical needs as well as lifestyle preferences.
- Provide honest but compassionate feedback about aesthetic choices in frames.
- Achieve sales goals and quotas as determined by office staff while attending to patients’ specific needs and desires.
- Manage inventory of frames and contact lenses to ensure optimum customer satisfaction and product variety.
- Communicate with physician with questions or concerns about prescriptions and other eye-related issues.
- Occasionally be responsible for overseeing the day to day business operation and working directly with the business staff or owner.
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): https://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
- If you have created a profile with us already, please email us at email@example.com with your cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this position.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.