As an Operations Supervisor, you will have the opportunity to showcase your strong administration skills, your passion for exceptional guest service, and your knowledge of our community! This is a full time position ideally suited to someone with previous supervisory experience in a hospitality or property management role.
About the Role:
- Full-time, flexible schedule, must be able to work weekends.
- Shift work with a combination of daytime and evening shifts.
- Salary starting in the range of $50,000 plus commissions and gratuities.
- Extended medical and dental benefits after 3 months of full-time work.
- Wellness allowance which can be used towards a ski pass, gym/spa pass or other leisure activities.
- Travel perks.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Strong Administrative skills, minimum of 2 years, ideally in hospitality or property management environment.
- Experience with fundamental Human Resource processes, including recruiting, scheduling, training and payroll.
- Knowledge of financial procedures and experience with budget planning, control and expenditures.
- Experience with procurement processes and systems.
- Previous supervisory experience in a property management or hotel environment would be ideal.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Window applications is required.
- Previous experience working with property management system is preferred, though training will be provided.
- Outstanding guest services skills and sophisticated verbal & written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Whistler community amenities, activities, restaurants, shops, etc. is an asset.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Reporting to the General Manager, the Operations Supervisor assists in the smooth and successful running of the property.
- Performs a variety of administrative and supervisory functions as directed by the General Manager.
- Manages the staffing needs of the property and takes ownership of the recruitment, training, scheduling and other HR functions of non-senior team members.
- Maintains supplies inventory and handles all procurement, ensuring operational efficiencies.
- Coordination with multiple vendors and supply partners to ensure all procurement requirements are met.
- Develops and maintains contacts with business partners, concessionaires and local community counterparts.
- Coordinates and expedites housekeeping to ensure residence standards are consistently maintained.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships by consistently offering professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Follow department policies, procedures, service and safety standards and policies.
- Other duties as assigned