Website Whistler Film Festival
- work for one of the coolest events in town!
The Whistler Film Festival is ‘Canada’s coolest film festival’ and one of Whistler’s signature events. Every December, WFF screens many world premieres and the hottest films and attracts over 14,000 attendees annually including 1,000+ industry insiders and talent. This vibrant non-for-profit organization is looking for a Festival Operations Manager to be responsible for the successful operational and logistical execution of the annual Whistler Film Festival and its associated programs. The role is ideal for an experienced and highly motivated operations professional who is passionate about screen media and event-based work, and is skilled in organizational and program operations, production, project and event management, human resources, and financial management.
About the Role:
- Contract position starting September 30th to December 31st with opportunity for an enhanced role in 2020.
- 40 hours per week with availability to work extended hours during the festival period December 4 to 8.
- Wage range starting at $25-$30/hour – base rate commensurate with experience.
- An exciting opportunity to work on one of Whistler’s signature events plus team events.
The Perfect Candidate:
- In-depth familiarity and experience working on deadline driven festivals/event operations, production and managing people.
- Demonstrated decision-making, problem solving, communication skills, budgeting skills, leadership, facilitation, and project management in past positions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and work within a budget while maximizing low/no-cost resources.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to operational challenges.
- Knowledge of and established relationships with Whistler venues and suppliers an asset.
- Flexible, creative, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a sense of humor.
- Flexibility in scheduling and work hours; responsive to unpredictable workflow.
- Well versed in the use and implementation of IT solutions including CRM, Google Suite, MS Office Suite, internet, etc and the associated security and privacy considerations.
- Computer literacy and database management experience essential.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- General Management: Support the Executive Director with primary oversight of the operational departments and personnel. Supervise Operations and Logistics Coordinators, Production Suppliers and Projectionists, Guest Services, Box Office, Venue and Volunteer Managers. Post event, debriefs with Operations staff and suppliers, and prepares final event and budget reports.
- Planning: Completes and oversees the execution of the Festival Operations Plan and critical path. Develops policy and procedures as required. Leads to ensure established budgets, timelines and work projects are met Communications: Ensures that project planning information is shared across the organization and collaborates with relevant departments as required including Administration/Finance, Programming, Development and Marketing. Take out ()
- Production: Executes the Production Plan and critical path, including box office, guest services, technical production, stage management, venue operations, audience services and print logistics and volunteer management.
- Personnel Management: With the support of Whistler Personnel and Department Managers, recruits, hires, trains and supervises the Operations Team (seasonal) including Guest Services, Box Office, Venue, Production and Logistics.
- Financial Management: Leads the development and management of business unit budgets for Festival operations. Supports the Executive Director in reviewing and approving all facility rental and supplier agreements including contractors to ensure budget preparation and monitoring on behalf of the various departments.
- Governance: Contributes to the planning of WFF’s programs, ensures WFF policies operate in compliance with the operation, provides monthly and final program reports to support the Executive Director’s report to the Board on current progress to financial operational targets and proposes revisions if targets are not met, and meets with the Board of Directors as required.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): www.whistler-jobs.com/create-profile
- Please take about 7 minutes to highlight your job-specific strengths and experience here: https://www.whistler-jobs.com/SOQ/business-manager/
- Do not contact Whistler Film Festival directly, all applications must come through Whistler Personnel Solutions to be considered.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants. If you would like an update or to chat with a Career Placement Specialist about your application, please email us at email@example.com