Website Whistler Personnel
- excellent earning potential.
Honesty – Professionalism – Knowledge – Respect are the core values of this leading custom window fabricator, based in Whistler. The company strives to offer the best in quality, service, innovation and experience in all applications of specialty glazing and aluminium. We are currently looking for an Office Manager to join their tight-knit team. Ideal for someone with full-cycle accounting experience who is efficient, organized, professional and a team player.
About the Role:
- Maternity leave contract from now until March 2021 with potential for permanent.
- Full-time with a flexible schedule – 32 to 40 hours per week.
- Opportunity to work at the office located in Function Junction or work from home.
- Competitive wage based on experience.
- The opportunity to access health benefit program after 6 months.
- Work within a unique and high-end customer construction company with a close-knit team.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Full-cycle payroll and accounting experience with an education in finance, accounting, business or equivalent.
- Reflect the company’s key attributes: Reliable, Confident, Efficient, Knowledgeable, and a Team Player.
- Adaptable and able to manage change in an unstructured environment.
- Takes a proactive approach with exceptional problem solving abilities and help to implement change.
- Natural leader; able to make decisions independently, analyze situations and come up with proactive solutions.
- Strives to learn new things and knows when to ask questions; knowledge seeker.
- Detail-oriented and solution-focused; someone who thinks ahead and prepares, takes initiative and adds value.
- Knowledge of and experience working in construction industry is an asset.
- Strong computer skills; knowledge of SAGE 100 is an asset.
- Strong core technical knowledge and skills in project costing, budgeting, financial reporting, establishment of financial controls and process automation.
- Solid work ethic, results oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments and consistently deliver on time with a high degree of accuracy.
Duties / Responsibilities include:
- Entry of all payroll and bookkeeping and payroll entries.
- Monthly and annual reports and remittances including payroll, WCB, T4 and ROE processing.
- Cash flow forecasting and planning.
- Accounts Payable and Receivable transactions.
- Establish, monitor, evaluate and enforce all controls and processes impacting the team with an objective of driving continuous improvement.
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets and associated tracking.
- Ensure the ongoing accuracy and quality of data/information within the accounting function.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet items.
- Manage payroll & benefits plan for our employees.
- Working closely with the Project Manager; looking at budgeting, generating reports, etc.
- Communication with accountant on bookkeeping issues.
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): https://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
- If you have created a profile with us already, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this position.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
We are your partners through the next step in your career.