- an organization dedicated to transforming the lives of young people.
The deadline for applications has passed and interviews are underway. If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com.
A local Whistler non-profit organization who is dedicated to transforming the lives of young people who have experienced homelessness, is looking for an administrative superstar to join their team. Offering a supportive and flexible work environment, a competitive wage plus benefits and opportunities for personal and professional development. Ideally suited for someone with an administrative background who is a motivated self-starter, takes initiative and is highly organized.
About the Role:
- 32 hours per week: 12-month contract (with potential extension).
- Schedule is Monday to Thursday, 9:00am to 5:00pm with some flexibility.
- Wage starting in the range of $20 to $22 per hour.
- 3-weeks paid vacation plus paid sick days if required.
- Exciting opportunity to join an expanding organization who is passionate about seeing their team grow and be successful.
- Extended health benefits.
- Wellness benefit for a balanced lifestyle.
- Opportunities for growth.
- Very supportive and flexible work environment.
- Enthusiastically welcome applications from all qualified people, including those with lived experience, racialized people, people of all sexual orientations, women and trans* people, Indigenous peoples, those with disabilities, mental illness, and from all social strata.
The Perfect Candidate:
- 3+ years experience working in an office environment in an administrative position.
- Basic bookkeeping skills (accounts payable, accounts receivable, expense reports and audits).
- Experienced with MS Office Suite, Google Docs, Adobe, Project Management tools and Accounting software; comfortable learning new software programs (computer savvy).
- Personable, friendly and team oriented; passionate and enjoys meeting and connecting with people.
- Good communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Creative thinker; able to contribute new ideas for operational success.
- Organized, very detail oriented and strong time management skills.
- Motivated, self-starter.
- Driver’s license and vehicle is an asset.
- Provide administrative support to staff, volunteers, board and committee.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to increase the efficiency of our operations.
- Ensure all staff and programs have the resources and support they need to be successful.
- Keep our facilities operating smoothly and safely.
- Manage day-to-day office and facility operations.
- Accounts Payable/Receivable; manage and pay incoming invoices from vendors, manage staff expense reports and assist with financial audit.
- Ensure all facilities are well-maintained and adhere to health and safety guidelines. Coordinate building repairs and maintenance.
- Monitor and procure supplies for all facilities.
- Provide administrative support for staff, volunteer, and program recruitment and onboarding.
- Maintain employee and volunteer records and provide HR support as needed.
- Respond to external inquiries via phone and email and directing telephone calls and emails to staff.
- Manage customer and program participant databases.
- Schedule meetings and events and managing organization calendars.
- Coordinate in-kind donations.
- Build strong relationships with partners and supporters through effective communication.
- Conduct responsibilities inline with mission and values in an open and ethical manner.
How To Apply:
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): https://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
- If you have created a profile with us already, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org your cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this position.
- Application deadline is Thursday, February 11, 2021.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.
To apply for this job please visit www.whistler-jobs.com.