- an opportunity to make a difference in the life's of other.
Líl̓wat Health & Healing located in beautiful Mount Currie, BC is searching for a strong and compassionate leader to join their Mental Health Team. The team leader will supervise clinicians and provide leadership to the Cedar Circle Counselling team, plus provide individual and group counselling, advocacy, and educational workshops that will assist community members with wellness goals. Ideally suited for an experienced clinical counsellor with leadership abilities, who is compassionate, approachable and values the well-being of community members. Offering a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package and a position within a collaborative team environment offering growth opportunities.
About the Role, Perks and Benefits:
- Full-time, year-round; Monday to Friday – 8:30a to 4:30p w flexibility.
- Wage starting in the range of $45.00 to $50.00 per hour based on experience and education.
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical/dental plan and RRSP contributions.
- Opportunity for flex days to suit work/life balance.
- Growth potential and advancement opportunities within the organization.
- Relocation funding for the right out of town candidate (up to $2000).
The Perfect Candidate:
- 5+ years of counselling experience with strong leadership skills.
- 3+ years of related supervisory experience.
- Master’s degree in counselling is required. Other education may be considered if you are registered with the BC College of Counsellors.
- Current registration/membership with a recognized professional organization.
- Strong leadership abilities; motivate, mentor, coach and support team in a positive manner.
- Comprehensive knowledge of counselling skills and therapeutic modalities.
- Committed to the program and community and seeks a long-term position with an interest in growth.
- Ability to engage and build safe, trusting relationships with staff and community members.
- Self-motivated, committed, highly organized and sensitive to community needs.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve with strong communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a positive, compassionate and non-judgmental attitude.
- Experience working with Indigenous People.
- Knowledge of how Canadian history has impacted Indigenous People (colonization, residential school, Indian Day School, 60s scoop, etc.).
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and client database systems.
- Criminal record check required.
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
- Facilitates goals and objectives for the Team in planning and evaluating services.
- Ensures services and standards of the Cedar Circle Counselling Team are delivered in a culturally relevant and respectful manner.
- Provides intake for community members and assigns workload management to various members of the team.
- Provides counselling services (individual, family and group) to community members.
- Works with team to coordinate and deliver various trainings to community members.
- Provides administrative leadership for the Cedar Circle Counselling program including managing budgets and expenditures.
- Promotes the services of the Cedar Circle Counselling program through communication including public presentations, development of resources such as brochures and other communication tools.
- Documents and maintains case files in a professional and confidential manner.
- Serves as a role model in wellness.
- Represents the Cedar Circle Counselling Team in the Health Center and professionally with other communities and community organizations.
- Willingness to learn history and culture of the Lil’Wat Nation.
About the Pemberton / Mount Currie Area:
The picturesque Pemberton and Mount Currie area is a year-round outdoor recreation destination. Sports enthusiasts head to the town from late spring to early fall to indulge in everything from hiking, biking, camping, golfing and horseback riding to rafting, jet boating, swimming and fishing. In winter, the area is a hot spot for backcountry skiing and riding, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and snowmobiling. Locals of this quaint little community enjoy quiet country life, perfect for families and when they are looking for even more adventure the world-class resort of Whistler, BC is 30 minutes down the road. www.tourismpembertonbc.com
How To Apply:
Our career matching and consulting services are confidential and FREE to job seekers – with no strings or commitments required.
- Ensure we have your resume and profile on file here (you only have to do this once): https://www.whistler-jobs.com/apply-for-work/
OR If you have already created a profile with us, please complete this simplified application: www.whistler-jobs.com/simple_app
- Please also send us a Cover Letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this position to: email@example.com
- Please do not contact Lil’Wat Health & Healing directly; all applications must come through WPS to be considered.
Tip for Out-of-Town Applicants: If you are currently living outside the area, be sure to tell us about your plans to relocate including if you’ve already secured or researched local accommodation and your planned arrival date.
We will review all applications and contact candidates who have been selected for further consideration or an interview. Due to time constraints, we may not be able to contact all applicants – but we will try! If you would like an update on your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 905 4194 ext 2.